Good Sports Bras for the abundantly endowed

Options
From what I can see, sports bra manufacturers don't believe that women with larger bra sizes work out (hence why they have larger bra sizes?). I am currently doing Insanity with all of that jumping around. The XXL Target sports bra is just not cutting it with support but nothing else would even fit.

Any advice?

Replies

• Auletes8603
    Auletes8603 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try a store like Lane Bryant. Even though you might be too small for their clothes... you'll fit in their bras for sure! That's my secret!
  • creative1981
    creative1981 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I so need some advice in this department too! I'm doing 30DS and the jumping jacks are horrible unless I hold my chest =/ I feel like I'm only getting half a workout because I'm only using one arm!
  • cyndiras
    cyndiras Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have not had luck finding a good one. But I just wanted to post because the title of your post made me laugh out loud :) Good luck!
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I don't know how much help I can be but it's taken me a while to find something that even looks like it would be any good.

I plan to purchase a new sports bra tomorrow which is more a crop top shape, racer back and zip front but underwired. I'm from the UK so I know you won't be able to get it over there but this is the sort of shape I believe will be of more support and strap me down so no more dumbbell in the boob.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Zip-Front-Non-Wired-Sports-Bra/dp/B002F7N82I?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_10&nodeId=52459031&sr=1-10&qid=1330437355&pf_rd_r=1BZKZ2Q2KY4XB0VHZF65&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_i=0&pf_rd_p=215485807&pf_rd_s=center-3
  • trijulie65
    trijulie65 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort makes the best sports bras out there..look online for a retailer near you!!
  • mommafulp
    mommafulp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try herroom.com. I wear a J and that's been the only place for me to find bras at pretty reasonable prices. They do have sports bras. They run small so make sure to measure. Hope this help's

Mommafulp:happy:
  • evhaynes
    Options
    I have found that the best one is made by adidas. You also HAVE to buy it too small. I always was buying the size that made me have the least back fat (hehe), but when I went and tried one on, the lady corrected me. It needs to be almost too tight she said in order to hold everything up and in place, and she was right. Try adidas.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Try a store like Lane Bryant. Even though you might be too small for their clothes... you'll fit in their bras for sure! That's my secret!

^this.
  • onmyway31
    Options
    I asked this question once and it's hard to find a good bra. I am a 44dd, someone suggested to wear 2 bra's and I tried that and it actually worked so that;s what I have been doing!
  • annieheavrin
    Options
    I love my Under Armour sports bra. I'm not sure what the "design" is called but it zips between the boobs & it crosses in the back between the shoulders. I absolutely love it because it stays TIGHT (no bouncing) and it doesn't dig into the tops of my shoulders.
  • amyofftherecord
    amyofftherecord Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I wear two bras to the gym: underneath is a regular bra with underwire and everything to provide support, and over top is a size-too-small sports bar to hold everything in place and absorb some of the sweat. Between the two they do everything I wish I could get in a single bra. Not an elegant solution, but with a G-cup you do what you have to.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    You also HAVE to buy it too small. It needs to be almost too tight she said in order to hold everything up and in place, and she was right.

This too.
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Agree with the Moving comfort comment. Champion also makes some good ones. First and foremost though I would go get measured. And of course, as we make progress, our girls will get smaller. Title Nine is a great catalog/website as well. They rate their bras for activity levels.
  • mikituba
    Options
    I"m a 34DD, so I have a huge problem finding bras that work. I buy two different style sports bras and wear one of each. I can jog and do jumping jacks and the girls stay in place no problem :). If I only wear one they will...well, pop out completely when I"m running.

Hope this helps
  • ecsf1013
    Options
    The 'Fiona' style by Moving Comfort is supposed to be the best out there; it is designed for "the abundantly endowed". It's available at Road Runner Sports online in lots of colors and sizes, and I'm sure it's available in other places as well.
  • JacMarieSTL
    JacMarieSTL Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Im a 40D, and I wear 2.

I used to wear the Champion, seamless ones from Target but they stretch too easily.

I just bought these, and they seem to work REALLY well.

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_027B014506030001P

They say "medium impact" but I run a few miles a day, and the girls stay put.
  • unrulygurl
    unrulygurl Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Take a look at teamestrogen.com, they've got some great plus size bras & clothing. I'm ordering the CW-X. The shock absorber looks good too and runs to size F.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    no matter what, if you are large chested, do not buy sports bras that are just L or XL!!
    They have no where near enough support!

Champion, moving comfort, and others make some sized by bra size. buy your normal bra size sports bra! they are a little more expensive but so so so worth it!
  • maxiek
    maxiek Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I got mine at a Champion outlet (I'm something like a 38G, idk, my bra size varies so much!) and its great! Dont expect to find a bra that looks like normal sports bras though--big boobs=clasps in the back.
  • sbliss1
    sbliss1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found a bra that's great, keeps the girls locked in and no bouncing and feels great too. Champion style 1602 they go by bra size and I bought a 40C and they had smaller and larger ones. I read an article not to buy a stretch one or one that clasps in the front.