Just signed up today, looking for some friends and encourage

Options
2»

Replies

• twkelly
    twkelly Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi Matt,

Welcome to MFP. I started using MFP on Jan 17. Like you, I hit a wall and needed to change. I have a 18yr old step-son, a 6yr old son and 5 yr old daughter and at 243.5 it was sometimes hard to keep up to them. I also have Menieres and frequent gout so I decided enough was enough. As of today, with the support of my wife, family, friends on MFP, a lot more dedication to exercise, I am at 217. You can do this and MFP will help. Good luck!

Tom
  • 69saab
    69saab Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good for you Matt.... We are similar... I also live in Ohio and am currently at 259 Lbs. My goal is 205 by Christmas. I just found the site last week and need all the support I can get. Good luck to you and maybe we can meet for a Skyline Chili after we hit our goals :-)
  • petergarcia82
    petergarcia82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I going around 150 days ago. I have lost 60 pounds. I have some of the same goals as you. My son is 5yrs old and plays hockey so I would love to keep play with him and keep up. Just keep with the program. It sometimes seems to take forever to see change but keep it up it will come.
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hi Matt and everyone! I am from the Cleveland area (sort of close). I just joined today, am wanting to lose around 50 pounds. I am hoping this site will be the extra encouragement I may need to stay motivated when it gets tough.
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Love this site! It has helped me get out of my weight loss rut. I've lost 7 lbs here and am going to lose another 28 at the very least. Feel free to add me.
  • marlopaterson
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm new to MFP but I've been dieting since July 2011. I've lost 60.2 pounds so far, with 70.8 left to go.

I'm 29, and live in Atlanta, GA. I'd love to have online friends to chat with for support and motivation. My weight loss journey began as I said in July, 2011. I've been overweight since childhood and I've tried every diet on the market. In September of 2010, I lost my mom to a brain tumor. After 10 months of being depressed and feeling sorry for myself, I woke up one July morning ( the day after what would have been her 57th birthday) and decided that I'd had enough. I'd had enough being overweight and feeling sorry for myself for the loss of my mom. I realized that I needed to do my part to be healthy and live a long life. Since that day, I've been eating right, exercising, and I feel great. I've still got a long way to go, but I know my mom is looking down on me and she is SO proud.

Anyone, feel free to add me. Let's motivate each other to be healthy and happy! Oh - I'm also a vegetarian if there are any veggies out there!
  • katermoody
    Options
    Hi Matt, I am Kate and one of the best humans I know on the face of the planet is my baby brother Matt...You can work this and do it daily...keep up with your food and exercise diaries, be honest, share your diaries publicly... That helps keep you accountable and helps so many others see what is working..:)
  • itssarahdunn
    Options
    Hi all.

I joined at the start of the new year. I am 2 pounds away from a stone.
    All I did was make sure I stuck to 1200 calories a day, i've been exercising for 30mins every other day and am 10 pounds away from my goal weight of 126lbs. Yes i'm not a heavy or particularly large person but it's about happiness!
    I want to be happy with my figure and weight by my holiday which is 22nd august. Ages away but I wouldn't want to rush this type of thing.