No so sucky shakes?

Options
AmberJslimsAWAY
AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
My shake this morning was a banana, 1.5 teaspoons of pb, milk and ice. Pretty bland. I need new ideas!! I'm going to start drinking ONLY shakes in the mornings. Help?

and the title is supposed to be NOT so sucky shakes

Replies

• Tiaashlynn13
    Options
    if you add a little bit of skim milk and some fat free pudding mix, and i only mean a teeny tiny bit, it should help with the blandness, my mom did the herbalife diet, and their shakes are horrible! she started adding only a teaspoon or so of pudding mix and it makes it taste so much better. fresh fruit is also a great option. i hope this helps!
  • treatingmybodyright
    Options
    Even though I love spinach, the thought of it in a smoothy was nasty. However, I have recently started making shakes with a cup of spinach, a half cup of blueberries, 1/4 of an avocado, 1/2 of a banana, scoop of protein powder, and 1/2 cup to 1 cup of almond milk. It's delicious. You don't taste the spinach or avocado at all. It's smooth and yummy.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I love Total Lean from GNC. I use one scoop, milk, and frozen strawberries. Very filling and very nommy. Not too expensive, good source of protein, and low on sugar.
  • if you have a blendtec, you can make the following

2.5 cups fatfree milk + 240 g frozen strawberres(2cups) + 4 cups Novus Whey Isolate(any protein coated with lechithin works too) + 3 tbsp splenda

That usually gives me a very thick jamba juice like smoothie, makes a bit over 1 liter of smoothie
  • anorton45
    Options
    I love love love this one.

1/2 c. plain yogurt
    1/2 c. frozen fruit (i love raspberries, strawberries or blueberries & sometimes use a little of all three)
    1/4 c. non dairy milk (I love coconut milk)
    1-2 handfuls of spinach
    scoop of greens powder in berry flavor
    scoop of whey protein powder in vanilla flavor
    splash of pomegranate milk.

throw in blender in the order listed and blend for 30 seconds. Add more liquid if necessary... I usually add more milk if I need it. If you need it a little sweeter you can use some stevia or raw honey.
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Check out this site for shake/ smoothie recipes

http://www.smoothieweb.com/category/breakfast-smoothie-recipes/
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'm going to try all of these. I just want something more filling, which is why I use bananas (plus they are turning brown) but I'm tired of my shakes being not so tasty!
  • Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    Options

1/2 c. plain yogurt
    1/2 c. frozen fruit (i love raspberries, strawberries or blueberries & sometimes use a little of all three)
    1-2 handfuls of spinach

throw in blender in the order listed and blend for 30 seconds. Add more liquid if necessary... I usually add more milk if I need it. If you need it a little sweeter you can use some stevia or raw honey.

I do all this, but have never heard of pomegranate milk...whats that?
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options

1/2 c. plain yogurt
    1-2 handfuls of spinach

I do all this, but have never heard of pomegranate milk...whats that?

I thought the same
  • maryriddle81
    Options
    I use AdvoCare Meal Replacement shakes, and they taste awesome. The chocolate and berry ones are my favorites. They have 24 g of protein. Sometimes, I blend them with fresh fruit and/or mix them with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I'm a busy person in the mornings, so these types of shakes are very convenient for me.
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    If you add a spoonful of chia seed to your smoothie it will help keep you full as well! Here is what I make for me and DH.

water or carrot juice
    3 cups spinach-fresh
    2 cups frozen fruit (strawberries, mango, peach, pinnapple)
    1/2 avocado
    1 scoop chia seed
    1 packet truvia

This combo is sweet and packed with vitamins.
  • Corryn78
    Corryn78 Posts: 215
    Options
    easy and inexpensive smoothy (no fancy powders)

2-3 handfuls fresh spinach
    half of a frozen banana
    4 frozen strawberries
    1/4 cup vanilla 0% greek yogurt
    1 tbs. peanut butter
    Stevia
    couple ice cubes
    milk/orange juice/water (for liquid)

Throw it all in the blender, makes a big cup of delicious smoothy, about 250 calories
  • Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have sweet cream, but I am not in LOVE!!!!
  • Ntdrkyet
    Ntdrkyet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    These all sound so good! I know what i am adding to my menus for next week :) Thanks everyone!
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    A fairly simple one that I like:

Frozen mixed berries (no sugar added)
    Plain non-fat kefir (kind of like liquid yogurt)
    1 tbsp on sugar free or organic jam preserves to sweeten.

It's really good and filling, but it is around 180 calories.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Ingredients:

1 banana
    1 cup milk (I use skim or 1%)
    2 Tbs. of honey or sugar-free honey substitute
    1/2 cup granola
    1/2 cup of ice

It can seem weird drinking granola, but it really just gives the drink a nice texture. You also might want to try adding 1/4 or 1/2 cup of plain yogurt to add a bit of tart flavor or to help smooth it out.
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'm going to try all of these. I just want something more filling, which is why I use bananas (plus they are turning brown) but I'm tired of my shakes being not so tasty!

have you tried freezing the banana. I had almost the same shake as you this morning but used a frozen banana and vanilla coconut milk for sweetness. the frozen banana adds a creamyness

edit to add i also added a serving of protein powder which makes it thicker and sweeter
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Sorry I let some suck job scammer bait me into re-advertising for them, so I edited it!
  • Dawners98
    Dawners98 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My shakes are simple.

1 6oz container of light yogurt
    1 medium banana
    6-10 ice cubes

Makes a perfect 1.5 cup smoothie for about 180 cals or so. I recommend strawberry, or other flavors of yogurt that complement bananas.