I never want to fit in my wedding dress again!!

Options
Shocker statement I know. I've heard so many women say "I just want to fit back into my wedding dress". But I weighed around 218 pounds when I was married in October 2011. I was so big that the hook to keep my dress zipped broke during dancing at the reception. The sound of that popping still haunts me. (Luckily I had a custom made reception dress) Yesterday I decided I would try on my dress again just to see if it was too big or perfect or what not. My mom was able to grab 2-3 inches of fabric in her hand. I have never been that happy...well except on the actual wedding day...marrying my best friends tops any weight loss in my opinion!!

YAY!! For Wedding dress NSV!!!

Replies

• MrsMcKellar
    Options
    I totally understand what you mean! I had a custom made dress, because I just knew I would quickly be in tears if I had tried to go dress shopping. First place we went had 3!! plus size samples to try on out of hundreds of dresses. Even though I loved my dress, and it fit me well, I don't want to fit it again. Unfortunately, currently I don't fit it because I have gained weight since we got married in 07 (had a child, general busy life and not taking care of myself). I have caught myself wanting to hold on to the dress in case my daughter wants to wear it when she gets married, then realizing that I don't want her to be able to fit it!

Congratulations on your weight loss!!!
  • TheAnie
    TheAnie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    No I'm with you on the never wanting to fit in wedding dress again. My mother-in-law had it cleaned, preserved, and boxed up for me after the wedding though so I'll never be trying it on again either. :laugh: I wanted to do a trash the dress shoot with it, my husband and his Mom insisted that was a bad idea because "What if we have a daughter one day who wants to wear it?" I kept pointing out that any kids he and I have are likely to have his skinny genetics and would not be able to fit in my dress.

I have found that I can't wear any of the bridesmaid dresses I've worn in the last 5 years though and that's thrilling! Because they were all terrible. hahaha
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    :o)
    Great story, congratts on your success so far
  • NurseAshoRN
    NurseAshoRN Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    ME EITHER!!! my wedding dress hangs in its bag in my basement and haunts me everyday that I'm down there. It's a size 22 and I never ever want to feel that way again! I never even ordered pictures from my wedding day. My husband has suggested that we get pictures taken when I meet my goal to hang around the house
  • Smelerz
    Smelerz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about getting my wedding pics re-done. I was married two years ago and I have lost 30lbs since. I am not happy with the way I look in the pics and thought it would be a nice treat to get it altered and get pics taken.
  • baybeecakes08
    Options
    i NEVER want to fit my dress again either !!! i was 13 weeks pregnant and i was still carrying ALOT of weight from my first pregnancy at my wedding !! i would LOVE to get my wedding pics redone just so i can feel happy with them .
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    That's such a happy moment! Great NSV!
  • ccsick
    ccsick Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Your daughter will most likely want her OWN dress, mine did anyway and I fully supported that decision.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!