Greek Yoghurt 911!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• MILFaspirations
    MILFaspirations Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    chobani all the way!

the pineapple and blood orange flavors are amazing!
  • belinda_73
    belinda_73 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Brown Cow from Sam's club, very yummy blueberry and strawberry, add some bran and extra blueberrie, delish!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    if you get plain greek yogurt it tastes like sour cream (which is why you can use it in place of sour cream) BUT you can sweeten it if you get plain with splenda, stevia, or whatever you like.....

I LOVE Dannon Oikos. Chobani is good too - as is taste of inspirations.
  • emilystamp
    Options
    Chobani and Oikos....still haven't tried Fage myself.
  • aklitten
    aklitten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of both Fage and Chobani. If you have Hannaford's near you, their store brand is pretty good, and 15 cents cheaper than the cheapest Chobani I can find (which is $1/small container). Fewer flavor options, though.
  • willafan
    willafan Posts: 101
    Options
    I love the Wegmans Storebrand Greek Yoghurt- they have a bunch of flavors but my personal favorite is the one with Honey. Really great!
  • cpotter4
    cpotter4 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I don't like most greek yogurt because it is thick and bitter. However, Chobani fuit-on-the-bottom is good. The fruit-on-the-bottom makes it sweeter and a little thinner. It is a bit higher in cals and sugar though. Plain is always a better way to go. Or you can take plain greek yogurt and add half a packet of splenda with you frozen yogurt, that helps.
    Adding a teaspoon of cinamon is good also, plus cinamon supposedly has a lot of health benefits (such as preventing the body from absorbing fat)
  • Juanitahartman
    Juanitahartman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try Liberte Greek Yogurt. Zero fat, 18 G of protein for 3/4 of a cup.
  • kingnarsis
    kingnarsis Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    "Kirkland Greek Yogurt" is sour, fat free, and plain. You can then add your own additives. You can get it from Costco only.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I buy the non-fat plain chobani at BJ's. It's the best I've had.
  • BrownEyedGiRL928
    BrownEyedGiRL928 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Chobani - I love the Strawberry Banana Chobani and Dark Cherry Chobani... Pineapple Chobani is good too.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I would start with Chobani - it pretty thick. Usually much cheaper than Fage.

Don't get me wrong, I like Fage too, but not unless it's on sale.

Dannon Oikos & Stoneyfield Organic have totally different textures. The organic is rather runny, I don't think it's what you're looking for. Dannon is ok thick.

Yoplait is very thick. I'm not a fan, I think it's kind of chalky tasting. Voskos is similar, but not chalky. Fruit is belnded with the yogurt.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I like both Fage and Chobani greek yogurt. The 0% fat is fine for me...I sprinkle one packet of stevia in it and some strawberries and blueberries and it makes the perfect meal!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I prefer the Dannon Oikos Blueberry. I find it creamier that the others.

FYI: Dannon uses thickeners, like modified corn starch and carrageenan, so it isn't a true Greek yogurt. They just add stuff to thicken it up. (Plus, it has artificial preservatives if you care about such things).
  • numindan
    numindan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Try Liberte Greek Yogurt. Zero fat, 18 G of protein for 3/4 of a cup.
    My favourite ;)

Just be careful to select the no fat option (if that's what you're in to) as some can be upwards of 8% fat.

I suspect I don't have as many options as our US counterparts as I've never seen Chobani or Fage on shelves in the stores I shop it. Have heard tonnes about them though and usually all good. Nor do we seem to have anywhere near the flavour selection... #sadface
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I've tried a bunch of greek yogurts and just can't get past the super sour flavor. I found one that is way less sour than the others. It's called the Greek God's Non-Fat Greek Yogurt. It only comes in a large container. It also comes in full fat. I mix it with Splenda and a splash of flavoring (vanilla, maple, coconut, almond). Top with berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries). Yum.