All Trader Joe's Recipe

Options
I work at a TJ's store with some of the most fabulous and health conscious demo lady's in the world. They make a tasty lettuce wrap that is fabulous, healthy, and filling.

1 leaf of "Just the Leaves Romaine"
1 Slice any Columbus sliced Turkey
1 Handful of Alfalfa Sprouts or Micro greens
1 TBSP Garlic Hummus (or another)

Spread the hummus over the leaf, add turkey slice and sprouts, roll up, you're done!

Each Wrap is about 120 Calories, and 4 grams of fat (no saturated fats!), but you can reduce the calories if you'd rather use a non fat yogurt instead of the hummus. Personally, I gotta have more flavor than that! There's 12-14 grams of protein in each slice of turkey so I usually eat 2 wraps and I'm satisfied for hours! I keep all this stuff in the fridge and use it until the turkey runs out!

NOTE: I really recommend using the roasted sliced turkey, reduced sodium turkey, or peppered because the honey, maple, and Italian are usually too overpowering and that's all you taste. ALSO! BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL with alfalfa sprouts. A lot of people don't notice the disclaimer on the side, but you can become extremely ill if you eat sprouts after their expiry date.

Replies

• jax0814
    jax0814 Posts: 6
    Options
    yum that sounds delicious
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Yum!! Thanks for posting! I love Trader Joe's and I wish they would publish a recipe book with all their products!
  • Erin_Weiler
    Options
    Katy-

Actually, there is a person out there who started a website containing tons of recipes using only Trader Joe's products. The website is Traderjoesfan.com. It's really great! Hope you like it Katy!
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a Trader Joe's around us, closest is over an hour and half away. :grumble:
  • Dietprincess
    Options
    I have the cookbook and it is full of the best recipes - from the easiest to the more elegant spreads!! And the shopping is easy! One of my favorite recipes is the peach blueberry cobbler. My husband loved this one!
  • Dietprincess
    Options
    I have the cookbook and it is full of the best recipes - from the easiest to the more elegant spreads!! And the shopping is easy! One of my favorite recipes is the peach blueberry cobbler. My husband loved this one!
  • timeforchange
    Options
    What the heck is Trader Joe's?!?!