WANT TO MEET NEW FRIENDS :)

Options
HI THERE!!! :) I SIGNED UP ABOUT A WEEK AGO BUT MY LAPTOP BROKE AND I HADNT HAD TIME TO INTRODUCE MY SELF I AM 27 YRS OLD AND I AM LOOKING FOR FRIENDS OF ANY AGES THAT HAVE TO LOOSE 50 TO 100 PLUS pounds to motivate and keep me motivated so feel free to ADD ME PLEASE :)

Replies

• iamseashell
    Options
    Hello! I just signed up a couple of days ago and am looking for motivational friends to help me. I've had a hard time losing weight because I have Lupus which means my body hurts all the time so I can't exercise. I used to be a fashion model but now I have to loose about 100 lbs. Would love to make new friends :-)
  • 3chunkymonkeys
    Options
    i'll be happy to add u :) you'll see WE CAN DO IT :D
  • helenmc40
    helenmc40 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am also new (about 1 week) and I like it. I have tried many times to loase the same 20-30lbs for the past 4 years! Hoping I reach my goal this year!. I would love to be your friends on MFP. let me know if this is suitable.
  • LaceyVskmp1980
    LaceyVskmp1980 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I believe that strength comes in numbers. My goal is to lose at least 50lbs...at least. iamseashell ...I don't have Lupas and cannot say that I understand completly, but I do have medical set backs that tend to make me advoid exercise.If you would like to add me also, please feel free to.

WE GOT THIS!! 2012 is our year!!
  • 3chunkymonkeys
    Options
    i sent you the request :)
  • 3chunkymonkeys
    Options
    to all 3 of you..... I AGREE LETS MAKE THIS OUR YEAR :)
  • BluegrassGuy
    Options
    I'd like to be your friend also. There is strength in numbers!
  • Help4nb
    Help4nb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    hi, just started this week! add me please would love some new friends to help me out.
    female age 30, busy mom of 3, need to lose 30lb + need all the help i can get ?? anyone else want to add me feel free!
  • Chilli4455
    Options
    hi just started this week, and im trying this cos i want to lose my baby weight cos im sick of folk asking me when is the baby due, im a parent to 4 kids and im 34, nearly 35. would like to make some friends who are also in the same boat...:)
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can all add me if you'd like. My goal is to lose 120lbs, down 43 already. Best of luck to all!
  • alicemckinzie
    Options
    Hi. I too just joined. I am a busy student so spend most my time sitting and studying. I need to lose 75 pounds to get back to ideal weight. I am exercising but only because I am on steroids. I have rheumatoid arthritis and this extra weight causes joint swelling and injuries. So I am taking it slow and building back up during this lull in my studies. Strength in numbers! We can support each other.
  • Ash_76
    Ash_76 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    hi just started this week, and im trying this cos i want to lose my baby weight cos im sick of folk asking me when is the baby due, im a parent to 4 kids and im 34, nearly 35. would like to make some friends who are also in the same boat...:)
    yep same boat 35 4 kids youngest 8 weeks,,,,,, but im your bitter rival from the red rose county,,, lol sent you a request
    with rest above
  • EddieG77
    EddieG77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!!! Anyone is free to add me!!! Been on here 85+ days.....think it is fantastic!!! Best of luck in your goals!!!
  • victoriateresa
    Options
    Hey iam..

I have lupus too and know exactly what you mean. I also modeled a bit, was always full of energy and skinny but that changed about the last 10 years. Still work physically hard but not to much exercise then tore my acl, had surgery 6 weeks ago and the pt is very hard and constant. I would love to exercise but between all the health issues its not working too well, but i have to loose 25-30lbs because i hate myself anymore. Good luck to you...lets motivate each other?
  • raedient61
    raedient61 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm new this week too and I have about 75 lbs. to lose. Any of you can add me as a friend, I need all the help and encouragement I can get!!

Tammie
  • Kealmo
    Options
    Hey everybody!

I started on here 4 weeks ago. I am 55 years old, and really just got tired of not feeling "good". I have a short-term goal to lose 50 lbs before I go on vacation to Cancun in Memorial Day. I'm happy to report that, with the accountability MyFitnessPal helps me to have, and with the Wellness Director where I work, so far I have lost 15 lbs, and feeling good! My friend and I are taking Salsa and Merengue dance lessons in preparation for our trip. Having a BLAST!!

My long-term goal is...optimistic. I don't mind telling your I am 6'6". When I started my fitness program, I was 370 lbs. Everyone has always said, "But, you're so tall, you carry it well." Pshaw. I don't want to carry it anymore. Well. Poorly. I don't care. I'm tired of "carrying it. I'm now at 355, and my goal, by Memorial Day, 2013, is to be at 230. I have a long way to go, so I'm just going to enjoy the ride!

By the way, I am truly inspired by my mom. She would KILL me if put age, etc. on here. But, every day she gets up and does yoga, or her Jane Fonda workout, or her Raquel Welch workout, or on nice days, she walks the neighborhood. For Christmas, I got her a Pilates workout CD. She said it's a challenge, but she really likes it. How cool is SHE!!!

I love reading everyone's stories on here. So, keep up the good work!!! And, appreciate every day. They are all precious!
  • CJGarcia207
    CJGarcia207 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. Can I join the party! 44 years old and about 12 years ago I topped out at 310lbs. Granted I'm 6'3" but still a big boy. Now I'm 5 to 10 lbs away from my goal weight but every time I get close I sabotage myself. I fall back into bad habits and binge on junk food and sweets.

Even after I hit my goal weight, the work isn't done. I want to lower my body fat. That may prove to be harder that just losing the pounds. I know I have eating issues and I dabble in Over-eaters Autonomous. That really helps motivate me but I could use a circle of friends with like-minded goals.

CJ
  • crazyontrt
    Options
    32 female here. Lost 40 pounds on WW since summer. Working on the final 20. Would love to meet some new people!
  • Rebecca_Evans1
    Options
    Hi guys,

Hurtling fast towards my 30th birthday this year and I DO NOT want to be miserable....I've lost 17lbs so far and have around 40 to go before I am anywhere near my target!

Would love to be your friend so please feel free to add me :)
  • pinefresh316
    Options
    I started my diet about a week ago, but I joined this site yesterday :)
    Feel free to add me :D