nightmares?

Options
_snw_
_snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
Does anyone here still get nightmares? I thought I was simply too old, but I have a reoccurring nightmare that I dream about ~all~ the damned time.

Do you still get bad dreams?

Replies

• hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Yes all the time. Apparently if you dream about a house is signifies You, and if you dream of teeth or anything coming out of your body it signifies pregnancy. I dream about both of these things regularly...it terrifes the shiznit out of me :laugh:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have one recurring nightmare, ever since I was a child. I have it waking from time to time, as well.

And then I get a multitude of other nightmares pretty regularly. Like at least once a week. Most of mine are some kind of hiding from danger. And I wake up and can't breathe because for a few moments, I still think I'm trying to hide from danger and breathing would make too much noise.

The ones where I wake myself up screaming are no fun...
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I had a nightmare not long ago that I got shot in the neck with a rifle. I was also dying in the dream. What could that mean I wonder.....
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I still have night terrors... somethign you are supposed to grow out of, but (lucky me) I grew INTO them...

And I also have a re-occuring bad dream (having night terrors makes you re-evaluate how you define your dreams ;) ) where I lose a bunch of teeth... apparently it signifies a fear of aging... which is funny cause I've been having it since i was about 12.....
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I hate nightmares and get them regularly. Sometimes they are family-things, which are awful, sometimes they are memory-type things, which are worse, and sometimes they are scary-movie induced, which is just embarrassing.
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I do. Work related stuff. I have the same dream about getting shot. I can actually feel the wound. Its freaky.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have nightmares.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I dream a lot. Sometimes nightmares, but they're so weird I hesitate to type them out for fear of being that creep on the forums...
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Last night I dreamt I was being pleasured by a guy in a dog costume.

I should be horrified....
  • rayleansout
    Options
    I have this dream where mellons are surrounding me and I cant breath but I just stay there, between those mellons, wiggle wiggle wiggle, i cant - no i wont break free, what do you think this means?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    how do you grow out of nightmares?
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    As long as your brain is sending signals you will always have dreams and nightmares. You may not always remember thyem and as adults we seldom do.
  • Dilfster
    Dilfster Posts: 434
    Options
    had one last night. it was kinda cool in a scary way. lol
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I have this dream where mellons are surrounding me and I cant breath but I just stay there, between those mellons, wiggle wiggle wiggle, i cant - no i wont break free, what do you think this means?

melons signifies boobies...you stay there cuz you're a boobie lover!!! ...now pay me my translating fee :bigsmile:
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options

i wonder what made you think of melons.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I chronically dream i am in high-stress / high-anxiety situations. I blame years of video games and watching "24".
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I've spent more nights fighting more zombies than I care to think about. Since my early teens.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I used to have a recurring dream in which I lost my car. I search endlessly for it in a parking lot, but can never find it. I've had it on and off for probably 15 years. So often, in fact, that I can usually realize I'm dreaming while still in the dream. But this realization usually wakes me up.

This morning, I had a dream that I accidentally killed my gecko. He ran under the cedar chest, and I was trying to pick him up, and I rolled the chest over to get him, and the wheel cut his head off. My dream was awfully graphic (looked very realistic), and I was pretty shaken by it. What's weird is I don't even have that gecko anymore, I got tired of deaing with live crickets and I gave him to a family who adores him and has a bunch of different cool reptiles, he is loved and pampered by his new family. So why on earth, almost a year later, would I have a dream that I accidentally killed him? :ohwell:
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    Every once in while I do have nightmares. Very violent and graphic.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I definitely get nightmares!