soda

Options
I'm having a REALLY hard time cutting out the soda, what can I drink instead that will still give me caffeine, but not all the sugar

Replies

• smgmtx
    smgmtx Posts: 12
    Options
    I recently kicked my soda/caffeine addiction, but I was a big fan of the Monster Rehabs. They have green tea, red tea, and lemonade flavors for only 20 calories a can. Doesn't even taste like an energy drink.
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    just the diet versions!!!!!
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    coke zero ... not sure if u will like it ...
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    unsweetened tea. there are tons of flavors and you can drink it hot or cold...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    tea or coffee
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Just try it in moderation..
  • HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Iced Tea is loaded with antioxidants and you control the sugar. I use Splenda personally but that can be a controversial topic on here.
  • ifucsam
    Options
    No, don't drink diet sodas. They're worse for you. Have you tried just drinking less? It's hard to just cut foods out and when you're craving one you'll likely go overboard with it.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I drink Coke Zero and will take a shot of 5 Hour Energy once or twice a day. I also drink unsweet tea at restaurants and at home a lot.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I drink diet soda every day, and I'm a) losing weight and b) not dead.
  • Hootowlhollow
    Options
    I drink Tea. Also switched to water. I know it doesn't DO anything but i have to force myself to drink more water. I also drink crystal light.
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    I hardly ever drink soda but on the weekends I will usually drink a NOS to keep me away later on a Friday or Saturday night. I know those aren't good for you but I love them. And I don't like the sugar free ones so that doesn't help me any.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Drink water. If you want caffeine, there are caffeine pills you can take. The caffeine you get from sodas (even sugar-free versions), isn't worth the sodium you also get.
  • nancyflorida
    nancyflorida Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Crystal light energy in individual packets
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    You didn't specify, but do you not enjoy coffee or tea? Both are caffeinated (except herbal teas, you'll have to go with green for a little, black for a little more caffeine), and if you don't add anything you won't be consuming any sugar. OR if you do prefer a little sweeter taste I suggest using honey in either one. It's a little higher in calories but it's natural sugar, especially if you get a local raw honey. Those ones taste the best anyway.
  • hexrei
    hexrei Posts: 163
    Options
    coffee. zero calories. there are plenty of ways to flavor it too without adding calories, I use cinnamon in my brew.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    No, don't drink diet sodas. They're worse for you. Have you tried just drinking less? It's hard to just cut foods out and when you're craving one you'll likely go overboard with it.

I know a retired doctor that says the studies about diet soda being bad for you are crap. He drinks diet soda all day, unless he is drinking alcohol. He is thin as can be. Of course he also smokes pot, is rich as can be and hardly will spend a dime. He is an old hippie musician and still plays in bands so I am not sure if he is smart or crazy. Either way, he is pretty fun to talk to and be around.
  • megob180
    Options
    I love tea, and have hot tea at night, I have cut down, but I kind of go on binges, I'll be fine then I will be fine on just sugar free drinks
  • jwalker7775
    Options
    I second the Crystal Light...I was addicted to cokes. I don't like Coke zero, so just quit cold turkey and do just water or add Crystal light.
  • cahart11
    Options
    I recently kicked my soda/caffeine addiction, but I was a big fan of the Monster Rehabs. They have green tea, red tea, and lemonade flavors for only 20 calories a can. Doesn't even taste like an energy drink.

^^^ This is what I am currently drinking. The Green Tea and Lemonade flavors are good, not sure about the Red Tea. Kicking the soda habit is tough but once its gone, you dont really miss them. I started kicking my Soda addiction about 2.5 months ago and dont miss them at all now.