Question for the swimmers...

Options
Does anyone have a waterproof mp3 player? I'd REALLY like to get one, but I've seen mixed reviews on most of the ones that 'seem' good. Price is a bit of a concern, but not the biggest. Id really like one that'll last. Does anyone have any suggestions or input? Thanks!

Replies

• Mellocare
    Mellocare Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bumping because I'm also interested. :)
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Bump.

I'd like to know too. I swim laps during the summer at an outdoor pool and my workout seems SOOO long with out music.
  • Julianne8104
    Julianne8104 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    There are underwater mp3 players?? awesome sauce! I want to know too!
  • jmatney79
    Options
    I'd like to know! Maybe we can buy a surplus of them. I usually day dream about winning the lottery!
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/27083.htm

There are a bunch on the swimoutlet website. I have ^ that one but I have the one that uses the 3rd generation ipod nano. It works pretty well, but I find sometimes when I am working REALLY hard -- flip turns etc. The earphones pop out. They advertised Michael phelps using it.......... but I don't think anyone swimming that fast and pushing off the wall that hard would be able to keep that thing on their head either :) haha

But, for the most part - I like it :)
  • heathermarie311
    Options
    someone has told me that there are covers that you can get to make your ipods waterproof, but i have never looked them up. there are also waterproof head phones
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    yeah, I wouldnt put a cover on my ipod, ive heard too many horror stories. YES, there are underwater mp3 players! LOL...and ty for the review! If anyone else has any I'd loveee some!
  • gonzoschicken
    gonzoschicken Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting that so many people are interested in this. My number one reason for swimming is that I get to have my brain to myself for those few minutes a day. To each his own, I guess. :smile:
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting that so many people are interested in this. My number one reason for swimming is that I get to have my brain to myself for those few minutes a day. To each his own, I guess. :smile:

lol see, I almost always need a little bit of background noise...I can't even sleep without the tv or radio on low. I also think better when I have a little bit of music lol. And, when I'm really trying to push it working out, I need the music pumping to get me a little bit more into it.