50 lbs lost

Options
Today I hit 50lbs lost. I am 5'5", 27 years old. When I began my fitness lifestyle on June 20, 2011 I weighed in at 187lbs. Today I weighed in at 137:).

Replies

• tvbibber
    Options
    Jennifer,
    I would love to know how you did it! Please repost with your diet and activity. How long did it take you, by the way?
    Thanks for sharing and BIG CONGRADS!
    tammi :o)
  • klafrancis
    klafrancis Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is AWESOME! Can't wait until I can say the same :)
  • meghansen33
    Options
    So I am almost identical in the weight starting and you are exactly the weight I want to be at the end of the year. How often did you work out to achieve this success and what pointers can you give on what kinds of foods you stuck to eating.. I have three kids so dinners are a struggle for me to make something everyone can/will eat.
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Congrats Girlie!!!!

share what worked for you!!
  • hsandall
    hsandall Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Very Awesome!!!! Inspiring to us all!!!!
  • kdw_130
    kdw_130 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! Like someone else posted I'm starting at a very close starting weight and have the same goal weight. It's really great to see someoe with the same stats who has come this far! Great work!
  • julieann1966
    Options
    Amazing, well done...you must feel so proud of yourself, what a fantastic achievement, please share any advice you have to get to where you are ! :)
  • vicbre2010
    vicbre2010 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great job Jennifer; that's my goal to lose like 55lbs. You did it in a healthy timeframe, congrats! I'm currently at 180lbs. hope to be 130-125 by June/July :)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    WOW! I'm so proud of you--50 pounds is AWSOME, you look gorgeous.

Think of this, 50 pounds is like 5 10 pound bowling balls you've pitched out of your life forever! That's fabulous:flowerforyou:
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's quite an achievement.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    My workout consisted of daily cardio at least 30 mins of high intensity cardio. On Monday's I work on My back and shoulders, Wednesday I work on my legs, and on Friday's I work on my Biceps and Triceps. I added an ab workout every tues and thurs. So, this was not easy. It would have been very easy to just not go to the gym every day. but then I wouldn't be where I am now. I would still be that 187+ girl who was a pro at yo yo diets. It took me 6 months to lose 40 lbs and another two months to lose 50. I have another 5-10 lbs that I plan on losing by mid march. It was so worth it. Just stick to whatever plan you have. My diet is based on the amount of carbs, proteins and fats. So it is hard to tell you exactly what I ate. but the majority of my foods contained chicken or turkey. Small meals throughout the day. I also suggest emailing your weight to someone daily. Every morning i email my weight and it keeps you accountable. It keeps you focused on what you need to do. But anyways, I wish all of you best of luck with your fitness/weight loss journey's. YOU CAN DO IT!!;)
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Congrats!! My ultimate goal is around 50 lbs, but my intermediate goal is 40lbs. Great motivational post!! :smile:
  • Nessa03ca
    Nessa03ca Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Woohoo Congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!