Share Your Favorite Salads and Toppings

Options

Replies

• Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I recently have discovered that using some pico de gallo as a salad topping and "dressing" really adds flavor and saves on calories rather than using caeser (my fave dressing) .

I also love blue cheese, almonds, pecans, any sort of nut, feta cheese, egg, cucumber, any fresh veggie pretty much, chicken breast, grilled meat, etc on salads.

:D

I make a chicken fajita salad with pico as dressing and with avocado slices. Very good!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I've been making a delicious salad lately.

Ingredients:

romaine lettuce
    baby spinach
    grape tomatoes
    avocado
    sliced mushrooms
    sliced cucumber (I've been getting Persian ones)
    a little bit of ranch dressing
    a little bit of cheddar cheese
    two sliced breaded chicken breast tenders (I like the ones from Trader Joe's)

It's super yummy and about 350 calories!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Red beets, a little soft goat cheese, almonds and craisins over arugula, toppped with balsamic vinegar. YUM!

I was going to post this, without the beets, I usually do it over romaine and/or a spring mix with spinach.

My balsamic is a good season's packet with 1/2 of the recommended oil, using evoo, plus balsamic and water.

And if strawberries are in season, I use them instead of cranberries. :)
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I need more ideas too.. some sound delicious!!
  • STARSHINE1975
    Options
    Spring mix
    Tomato
    cucumber
    mushroom
    blue berries
    hemp seed
    feta cheese
    avocado
    chicken breast
    1 tbls Ken's walnut raspberry

I have it almost everyday for lunch. soooo yummy!
  • tennyt1
    tennyt1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I eat taco salad alot for lunch at work. On Sunday I brown ground turkey & add taco seasonings. Then each monring I take some taco meat, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, shredded carrots, mushrooms, and whatever else I have on had to make a salad. For a dressing I use fat free sour cream (or fat free greek yogurt) and salsa which has alot less calories than regular dressing. If i want to make it spicy I will mix hot sauce with the sour cream.

It's really filling and only 330 calories! :smile:

I am going to have to try this recipe
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I like to use cheddar goldfish instead of croutons on my salads:bigsmile:

Oh...and lots of freshly ground black pepper- YUMMY!!!
  • Ozzland
    Options
    Red cabbage
    Green cabbage
    Shallots
    Mushrooms
    Carrots
    Cilantro
    Garlic
    Cashews
    Almonds

Topped with homemade vinaigrette
  • kayasgm
    Options
    What is "chia"?
  • kayasgm
    Options
    Me too! sounds yummy...:smile:
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    spinach/spring mix, mandarin orange bits, crumbled feta cheese, tiny walnut pieces, and a few drops of newmans' own light raspberry walnut dressing.
  • mpbl282
    Options
    Romaine Lettuce
    Cucumbers
    Manzilla Olives
    Chick Peas
    Cottage Cheese
    Bumble Bee Sensations Sundried Tomato Basil Tuna Fish
    Kraft Lite Balsamic Vinegarette
  • kristina0206
    Options
    bump
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    *BUMP*
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I eat taco salad alot for lunch at work. On Sunday I brown ground turkey & add taco seasonings. Then each monring I take some taco meat, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, shredded carrots, mushrooms, and whatever else I have on had to make a salad. For a dressing I use fat free sour cream (or fat free greek yogurt) and salsa which has alot less calories than regular dressing. If i want to make it spicy I will mix hot sauce with the sour cream.

It's really filling and only 330 calories! :smile:

I love taco salad, but you really need to watch the sodium. Between the taco seasoning, the salsa and the hot sauce, the sodium can be outrageous. You could lower it by getting low-sodium taco seasoning and salsa and leaving out the hot sauce. Very yummy, though.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Almost every weekday I eat a romaine mix with a tiny bit of cheddar cheese shreds, hot peppers, and light Asian sesame dressing (Kraft). I also alternate between adding beets, a hard boiled egg, lunch meat, or a boiled chicken breast. (beets and ONE of those sources of protein)
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Two words: Broccoli Slaw

I see this at the store all the time and wondered about it. Does it have mayo in it, though?

Nah, I buy it in the bag, raw, without dressing and sprinkle some of it on my salad. It is the Bees Knees :)

Ya, i love this stuff. i add it to all kinds of things........added it to beef/broccoli stir fry last week. i also use it on salads.
  • luvgreen25
    Options
    Baby spinach with strawberries, pineapple chunks, and walnuts. YUM!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    My favorite salad to make is grilled chicken, strawberries, cashews, feta cheese, apples, and raspberry viniagrette dressing. Soooo yummy!
  • elimay59
    elimay59 Posts: 471
    Options
    I love subway salads I do lettuse and spinach philly steak (heated meat} all the vegis except onions and I do ranch dressing 5.00 and I count as sandwich because of the dressing. it is huge cheap the best salad ever.