Soup Ideas, Please!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    I just made the zuppa toscana soup yesterday. It is my favorite. I am the only one in my family that eats it so i freeze most of it.

Tip for freezing: use a muffin tin and ladle soup into the muffin tins and freeze. When frozen pop out and put in a plastic bag. I put the broth in some and the chunks in some so when i grab from the freezer i will take one broth and one chunks and bring to work that way (equal amounts). Saw that tip online and it works great.
  • Partyofpugs
    Options
    I just made Dijon Chicken Stew. Yummy. Recipe is at Delish.com
  • lesliefoste
    lesliefoste Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i like chicken barley soup. More filling than veggie soups, and good for you. I'm sure you can find a recipe on allrecipes.com. I stew a whole chicken in the crockpot; remove the chicken and bone it. Return the amount of meat you like to the crock pot. Add chopped carrots, celery, mushrooms, salt and pepper and/or whatever other veggies or herbs and spices you like. When the carrots start to get soft, add in the pearled barley (about a cup- it expands as it cooks) and let it cook until the barley is soft and chewy. Yum!
  • alexsmith01
    alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Look on any of the recipe website and you'll find heaps!
    I prefer soups that are kind of like stews - chunks in broth, so the broth is generally vegetable stock and spices, and the chunks whatever vegetables you like.
    Last weeks was meditteranian - it was mediteranian herb paste sauteed with onion and garlic, add stock, add chopped zucchini, eggplant, capsicum, mushrooms, add chickpeas and cook.
    This weeks is spicy bean and vegetables - paprika, curry powder, onion and garlic sauteed, add stock, add zucchini, a chopped potato, 2 kinds of beans (I used red kidney and butter beans), and a bunch of fresh coriander and cook.

Could also try pumpkin soup, pea soup, leek and potato soup, split pea or lentil stews

I love soup! So filling and so low calorie - I always feel full enough when I have soups and stews.

Oh P.S. I'm a vegetarian so you could add meat to any of the above
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Chicken Pot Pie soup from skinnytaste.com

Chicken Pot Pie Soup
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 9 • Serving Size: 1 cup • Old Points: 3 pt • Points+: 4 pts
    Calories: 169.2 • Fat: 1.2 g • Protein: 18.5 g • Carb: 21.2 g • Fiber: 2.3 g

Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 1 bowl (1-1/2 cups) • Old Points: 5 pt • Points+: 6 pts
    Calories: 253.8 • Fat: 1.8 g • Protein: 27.7 g • Carb: 31.9 g • Fiber: 3.4 g

1/4 cup flour (to make gluten-free use 2 tbsp cornstarch instead)
    2 cups water
    4 cups fat free milk
    1 large celery stalk, chopped
    1/2 medium chopped onion
    8 oz sliced baby portabella mushrooms
    2 chicken bouillons
    fresh ground pepper
    pinch of thyme
    10 oz frozen classic mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, green beans, corn)
    2 potatoes, peeled and cubed small
    16 oz cooked chicken breast, diced small
    salt

Create a slurry by combining 1/2 cup of the cold water with flour in a medium bowl and whisk until well blended. Set aside.

Pour remaining water and milk into a large pot and slowly bring to a boil. Add celery, onion, mushrooms, chicken bullion, thyme, fresh pepper, frozen vegetables and return to a boil. Partially cover and simmer on low until vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes. Remove lid, add potatoes and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add chicken, and slowly whisk in slurry, stirring well as you add. Cook another 2-3 minutes, until soup thickens, adjust salt and pepper to taste and serve.

I make it without mushrooms and add extra veggies. It's wonderful, so wonderful my kids thank me for making it. ;)
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    You could try:

Broccoli and stilton soup

Corn and bacon soup

Seafood chowder

French onion soup

Pea and ham soup

Leek and potato soup

Roasted garlic soup

Pumpkin and chilli soup

Lentil and split-pea soup

Thai chicken noodle soup

Spinach and watercress soup

Carrot and coriander soup

Baked potato soup

Oxtail soup

Ummmm.... anything really just omit the tomatoes/things that give you reflux. Soups are so flexible, the best way is to just throw everything you enjoy in the pan :)
  • Super_mom
    Options
    thanks guys, sounds great, i will have to give them a try.
  • brismom070897
    brismom070897 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rippin83
    rippin83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I get acid reflux too! Try soup which contain Super Greens!! so your brocolli, courgette, spinach, peas. All you need is the greens, vegetable stock, onions and the vegetable itself. Beautiful, easy to cook, no carbs and very good for you too

Hope that helps
  • elfie9863
    Options
    You should try the Enchalada Soup recipe that is on this site. I have made it several times, in my crock pot...it is just totally delish!!! I did ad some rice to it, but it's about 100 calories per cup without. Oddly, there is a can of pumpkin in it. Haven't quite figured out why, but it works. Soooo Good!!!