stretch Marks

hasiangirl
hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
So ive come to the conclusion i'll always have those indents...but ive been using cocoa butter skin therapy oil it's about 10dollars...it's been a little under a week and they have already lightened up and lookin so much better :)

Replies

• foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    i am actually confused about stretch marks and cellulite? are they not the same thing? can someone give me some info! i have actual growing stretch marks on my torso from just getting too tall too fast as a kid, ive had them sicne i was like 16!these are acctually like...lines. whereas i have seen cellulite and it is indents, it kinda looks like lumpyness. but then i see pregnant stretch marks, and they are indents?

i need some differentiation!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    So ive come to the conclusion i'll always have those indents...but ive been using cocoa butter skin therapy oil it's about 10dollars...it's been a little under a week and they have already lightened up and lookin so much better :)

Yeah, I have never found anything to take them away....just lighten them....
  • sherri_pie22b
    sherri_pie22b Posts: 28 Member
    Yeah I have heard that cocoa butter works.......but I have never heard of cocoa butter oil.....Where did you find this......
  • heathcox
    heathcox Posts: 22
    I have horrible stretch marks on my stomach from my son. They are even worse after losing the 50lbs and the skin is loose on top of the stretch marks. I want a tummy tuck soooooo bad!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    They never do go away. It sucks...they compleatly cover my stomach. I was only 85 lbs when I got pregnant and had never weighted 90 in my life at that point...then I reached 110 (my highest) but it caused my stomach to streach so much that my innie became an outie and I now have what my daughter calls 'zebra stripes'. Oh well, it's worth it to have her...now if only I could have a tummy tuck to get rid of the loose skin and most of the stretch marks.
  • hasiangirl
    i am actually confused about stretch marks and cellulite? are they not the same thing? can someone give me some info! i have actual growing stretch marks on my torso from just getting too tall too fast as a kid, ive had them sicne i was like 16!these are acctually like...lines. whereas i have seen cellulite and it is indents, it kinda looks like lumpyness. but then i see pregnant stretch marks, and they are indents?

well when u run your fingers of stretch marks they feel like indents ....stretch marks are when your skin stretches too fast or too much and cellulite are i think blocked up fat or something that causes dimpling
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    They never do go away. It sucks...they compleatly cover my stomach. I was only 85 lbs when I got pregnant and had never weighted 90 in my life at that point...then I reached 110 (my highest) but it caused my stomach to streach so much that my innie became an outie and I now have what my daughter calls 'zebra stripes'. Oh well, it's worth it to have her...now if only I could have a tummy tuck to get rid of the loose skin and most of the stretch marks.
    awww.......that is actually really cute that she calls them your zebra stripes! lol kids are awesome~!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member

well when u run your fingers of stretch marks they feel like indents ....stretch marks are when your skin stretches too fast or too much and cellulite are i think blocked up fat or something that causes dimpling

that is what i thought, i just wasn't 100%. thank you!!:flowerforyou:
  • hasiangirl
    yea this stuff does NOT get rid of stretch marks atleast not in a little under a week :laugh: but it has reduced the appearences of them a whole lot....

I got it at target, but walmart has it as well i believe it comes in a box and theres just a regular bottle of oil in it
  • hasiangirl
    lol that is cute that she calls the zebra stripes :laugh: kids are deff honest and cute while being honest... i call them my labor of love marks :laugh: :laugh:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    lol that is cute that she calls the zebra stripes :laugh: kids are deff honest and cute while being honest... i call them my labor of love marks :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah...but it still sucks. At least I hope I've tought her well enough to not comment on anyone in public...and so far she hasn't.
  • hasiangirl

Yeah...but it still sucks. At least I hope I've tought her well enough to not comment on anyone in public...and so far she hasn't.
    well that is deffinately a plus..my boyfriend has a friend who lost one of his legs a few yrs ago in a motorcycle accident and the first time my son saw him he asked, "what happened to you leg? where it go?" Lol i was just like umm my bad he's a kid...then when the guy said I got a boo boo....to top it off Thats when Hudson proceeded to kiss and hug the booboo better :embarassed:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member

Stretch marks are scars from your skin stretching- Cellulite is the lumps it is fat depost deep under the skin.

Stretch Marks are forever they lighten up over time they are more visible in olive skin tone and Dark complexion people. Mine are white and my skin is olive so they are very visible.

As far as cellulite its not about losing weight its about decreasing your fat percentage thats how you can decrease your cellulite.

Anyone can get stretch marks men and women it comes from rapid growth spurts in height- gaining weight, pregnancy, Body building ect.. Men get them too
  • 135gratitude
    135gratitude Posts: 364
    Great! Thanks for sharing - I find moisturizing and tanning makes them look better!

I only have them on the lower left side of my belly - none on the right - as my son always seemed to be on that one side when I was pregnant. I embrace them as the memory of my pregnancy, and I can still remember running my hand over my belly, and feeling him all curled up on that one side.

:flowerforyou:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat

Stretch marks are scars from your skin stretching- Cellulite is the lumps it is fat depost deep under the skin.

Stretch Marks are forever they lighten up over time they are more visible in olive skin tone and Dark complexion people. Mine are white and my skin is olive so they are very visible.

As far as cellulite its not about losing weight its about decreasing your fat percentage thats how you can decrease your cellulite.

The reason I'm happy I'm goth and pasty pale.
  • hasiangirl
    Great! Thanks for sharing - I find moisturizing and tanning makes them look better!

I only have them on the lower left side of my belly - none on the right - as my son always seemed to be on that one side when I was pregnant. I embrace them as the memory of my pregnancy, and I can still remember running my hand over my belly, and feeling him all curled up on that one side.

:flowerforyou:
    well from your belly picture u look as if u have none! and I hope my tummy can look like urs some day..do u mind if i asked how high u got up to with ur pregnancy and if u had that baby pouch at one time?...i guess thats how u would describe it lol
  • TheMaidOfAstolat

well that is deffinately a plus..my boyfriend has a friend who lost one of his legs a few yrs ago in a motorcycle accident and the first time my son saw him he asked, "what happened to you leg? where it go?" Lol i was just like umm my bad he's a kid...then when the guy said I got a boo boo....to top it off Thats when Hudson proceeded to kiss and hug the booboo better :embarassed:

She also never asks why people who have adopted kids look different because our pastor and his wife have a daughter from China and she's my daughters best friend. My cousin has Downs Syndrome and she's never asked why he's different either. I've always told her that God makes everyone different for a reason. (sorry if I offend anyone).
  • hasiangirl
    [/quote]

She also never asks why people who have adopted kids look different because our pastor and his wife have a daughter from China and she's my daughters best friend. My cousin has Downs Syndrome and she's never asked why he's different either. I've always told her that God makes everyone different for a reason. (sorry if I offend anyone).
    [/quote]
    Thats awesome...my best friend is columbian and she has 3 kids he looks at them the same as anyone else...I think as far as ethnicity goes kids dont discriminate unless taught too...everyone is the same to a child when it comes to skin types and diff backgrounds...unless of course u come across a big fat white man with a white beard and white hair and rosy red cheeks...then he becomes santa :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • AmyT88
    AmyT88 Posts: 239
    I have stretch marks and I've never been pregnant. I'm sure they're from gaining weight. They're on my love handles and I have 2 little ones on my stomach that are recent :grumble: I just bought Palmer's coco butter massage lotion it was only $6 something for an 8 oz bottle. I'm hoping they lighten up big time and that I lose weight so the love handles don't draw attention to them any more. I think I just found another reason to go tanning :bigsmile: My mom always tells me she doesn't want to see what I'll look like if I would get pregnant :laugh: I hope this lotion helps a lot!!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Also...stretch marks are also partly genetic. Look at your mom...if she has a bunch...most likely you will as well. My mother has them all over her tummy too (from pregnancies...3 kids). I knew I'd have them...I just there weren't as many as there are. :grumble:
This discussion has been closed.