daily weighin's vs. weekly weighin's

Options

Replies

• microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Yea I am like everyone else everyday but only logging once a week! I weigh myself in the morning nude after I pee :)
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I do it every day but only record it once a week typically. I wouldn't recommend weighing every day if you aren't willing to handle the typical weekly fluctuations of the scale.
  • JenOman
    JenOman Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning before I shower (so no clothes), and occasionally at night (just too see). But I only record my weight on Monday mornings. I have been doing that for almost 3 years, it is interesting to look at the trends.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Nekkid as the day I was born.
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Id say twice a week.

But I think the important thing is not to over-react to what they say, I get into a habit of panic dieting if they go up a bit. Maybe starting to eat a bit too much if its going well. Then everything gets messed up and I never achieve my goal.

Stick rigidly to your diet and exercise strategy and just use the scales as a long term indication its all going in the right direction at an average of a 1lb a week.

I actually weigh far more than I'd want as a notional figure. But in terms of bodyfat, muscle and tone im pretty happy and on target for my goal in April.
  • melanielee86
    melanielee86 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am very obsessive as well when it comes to the scale. I try not to weigh myself daily, because weight fluctuates so much. So, I will randomly weigh myself a few times during the week. But, my actual weigh in day is on Thursdays. :)
  • nillapup
    nillapup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself clothes off.. my scale is seriously rght next to my bed.. it is one of those scales that reads your body fat and water percents too.. haha yeah I know.. obsessive.. you think I would be skinny hahaha
  • hcoburn37
    hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning, but onlyl "count" it monday mornings. I also take my measurements every two weeks
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I'm a daily weigher. I use it to look for reactions to my food, and track my cycle. I have grown very accustomed to the daily ups and downs that happen naturally. I officially weigh-in once a week at my doctor's office.
  • Siobhan69
    Options
    I have my official weigh-in once a week on Friday mornings and like a few others I do this first thing, after I have been to the loo and before I have consumed any foods or fluids. Sometimes I do a few other sneaky weight checks during the week but I don't take them too seriously because as everyone else has said, your weight fluctuates daily for a number of different reasons and if you are a bit obsessive about it this could drive you mad!!!

Also, I find Friday a good day to weigh in on because it is after a full week of workouts/vigilant eating but before the weekend when I tend to not be quite so careful about my calorie intake if I spend time with friends or family, which happens most weekends.

Oops, forgot to add: I weigh myself nude. I figure it's the best way to get an accurate reading without all those pesky clothes adding to my numbers.
  • mred93
    mred93 Posts: 100
    Options
    I weigh myself every other day because I always think some how I am going to drop all the weight over night :)
    but my official weigh In Is once every two weeks.
  • rjbrowne
    Options
    I can easily get too obsessed about the number, if I weigh myself often. I aim for once a week and that seems to help.
  • Noadi
    Noadi Posts: 27
    Options
    I weigh myself daily right after I get up, I make my morning trip to use the bathroom and weigh myself while I'm there. It's more to make it a habit than because I need to weigh myself everyday, I'm just not good at remembering to do things weekly. As for clothes, what I wear to bed can't weigh enough to make a real difference. If I was wearing something heavy like jeans I'd take them off.
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Schnuddelbuddel Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I actually don't own scales! Well, I've the Wii balance board and that's quite accurate but I usually don't switch it on to weigh myself at the moment. I go for a weigh in every Friday morning (it's a 'biggest loser' comp, we each throw 2 quid into the pot and whoever lost the most after 12 weeks wins the money - only no public weighing, it's private!) - will continue with the Friday weighing after that's finished tho, seems to work fine.
    Used to do daily on the Wii Fit - and that was depressing with the fluctuations so stopped it before I started the weekly even.
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    i was weighing daily but im going to start weighing weekly, its been a little discouraging even though i know its normal for your body to fluctuate.
  • rejs1170
    rejs1170 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think once per week for an official weigh in, but as often as you like in between if you want to measure how much your weight can fluctuate during the day.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Every day. I realize weight fluctuates, but it works for me. I think it's a preventive measure, sort of like tracking food. Just knowing that I'm tracking food prevents me from really going overboard. So my new overboard is much less food than my old overboard.
  • noexcuses84
    noexcuses84 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself everyday but real weigh in is saturday. i find if i weigh everyday it keeps me on track and helps my motivation. everybody likes to do things differently, thats what makes us unique! do what helps u!! good luck!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    everyday. but my real weigh in is just once a week.

Same here.
  • e_NV_y
    e_NV_y Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and some nights too.. im super obsessive about it also.. I realized this when my battery went bad in my scale and i didnt have a chance to get one for a few days.. even though I only really count once a week for official readings, not know for a few days caused anxiety! lol