miracle noodles

Options
2»

Replies

• h0kieerin
    h0kieerin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    In order for them to be edible, you MUST rinse them thoroughly and pat them dry. Then you can use them however you would use normal noodles. They have a weird texture but past that they aren't bad. I've made yummy cheese pasta with it before.

This! Exactly. I got mine from Netrition.com.
  • dododo123
    dododo123 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, they taste horrible. They have no actual taste, but a strong smell that takes many hot water washes to get rid of. I tried to make them tastier by adding tomato sauce. No luck. I gave up on them.
  • nomadic_neenz
    Options
    my grandma is really excited to try these for asian food dishes...I saw some other people posted about shiritaki noodles. I think they are a bit cheaper and are the same product more or less. I'm looking forward to trying them and am definitely going to RINSE RINSE RINSE them & maybe marinade in low sodium soy?
  • mickie_on_my_way
    mickie_on_my_way Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I, too, get the House Foods Tofu Shiritaki Noodles. They're more "normal" looking. I rinse them, and then put them in a spicy garlic lime shrimp dish. They take on the flavor of whatever you put them in. My husband - who is very much a food traditionalist and doesn't take easily to new "momma food" (what my family calls food I eat) - likes them.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Seriously, it's the heating that's important, just like with nam pla (fish sauce). The odor changes when they're fried.
  • BlondeandBlue22
    Options
    Instead of Miracle Noodles I buy the Tofu Shirataki noodles. They are a few more calories but pretty decent after you rinse them properly.

This is what i do as well <3