My first NSV

Options
Today not only was I able to run for 3 straight minutes during my C25K run (twice in fact) and not feel like I was going to die... I was able to increase my weights from 3lbs to 5lbs during some of the moves in the 30DS (I'm only on day 7).

It might not seem like much... but it really made my day :)

Replies

• kjones3535
    Options
    That is great! Keep it up!
  • strunkm4
    strunkm4 Posts: 266
    Options
    good job!!!!!
  • nomadic_neenz
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the good work...what does NSV stand for? Sorry! But I definitely understand what it feels like to not feel like you're going to die after running :)
  • singledj
    singledj Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Keep up the great work!! I too was finally able to jog for a couple minutes at a time during my walk yesterday. Felt really good and gives me hope that I might be able to run a 5k some day!!

NSV = non scale victory
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Just an update... today I ran 4 min straight... it was a bit rough. I might have to repeat that workout before moving on... the next one is a 5min... eek!
  • samatalma
    Options
    Awesome work!!
  • nomadic_neenz
    Options
    Awesome job! That's amazing! :) Thanks for clarifying what NSV is...my NSV of the week is being able to stretch and move deeper in my yoga class. I feel so much better!
    Keep up the awesome work!!
  • 5Btieden
    5Btieden Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I totally felt the same way on week 3! I really didn't think I would be able to run for 3 minutes straight and was just as proud of you when I did it not once..but twice!!! Good for you!!!!!!!!!!
  • Hurricane_C
    Options
    I totally felt the same way on week 3! I really didn't think I would be able to run for 3 minutes straight and was just as proud of you when I did it not once..but twice!!! Good for you!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't it such a great feeling!? I actually ran 3 MILES Last week. Straight. Without walking. I was so proud of myself I think I told everyone I saw. But now its back to continuing the C25K this week.
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    Excellent work, I've actually brought my cardio minutes up from 15-60 ish in a little over a month so I know how you feel.
  • Hurricane_C
    Options
    Awesome :) Great job!
  • tracymarie2012
    tracymarie2012 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful you are finding all these positives, impving daily
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!