March 90 Mile Challenge!

Options

Replies

• muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'm in, this will be my first challenge. i do four miles most day and 23 days would be 92, so I think I can do it.
  • katiemae07
    katiemae07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to try!! lol count me in! =)
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Welcome everyone! I am so glad that you are going to do this with me!
  • lindsnjeff
    lindsnjeff Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    me too, me too!
  • lbell69
    Options
    I just join tonight and would love to start march 1st on this 90 mile challenge! Thanks lbell69
  • Guardien
    Guardien Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm in! This will be my 1st challenge as well. Ninety miles in 31 days? I can do that, especially since I'm training for a 5K.
    Where do we log these miles?
  • nthegecko1
    Options
    I'm in. This will be my first challenge. Do we log in daily on this thread?
  • ajt917
    ajt917 Posts: 54
    Options
    this is my first challenge too!!! really hoping I can get all the miles in!
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Wow 90 miles huh? I'm in. Part of mine will be done pushing my son in the stroller outside so what can I use to track my distance?

I use endomondo as my GPS tracker, it is a free app in the android market, I'm pretty sure there's an iPhone app as well
  • ginablackburn
    Options
    IM IN :)
  • stef827
    stef827 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Wow 90 miles huh? I'm in. Part of mine will be done pushing my son in the stroller outside so what can I use to track my distance?

I use endomondo as my GPS tracker, it is a free app in the android market, I'm pretty sure there's an iPhone app as well

I do have an android phone however I recently canceled the Internet to save $ every month. I read on google that every 2000 steps is one mile (approx) so maybe I will have to get a pedometer, just don't know how accurate it will be. Thank you
  • bmreed0920
    bmreed0920 Posts: 139 Member
    Options

I do have an android phone however I recently canceled the Internet to save $ every month. I read on google that every 2000 steps is one mile (approx) so maybe I will have to get a pedometer, just don't know how accurate it will be. Thank you

I searched several sites and found that if you measure 50 feet and walk that normally while counting your steps you can figure out how many steps you take in a mile. So I averaged 23 steps in 50 feet. 50/23=2.1 steps. So in one mile I walk 5280/2.1=2514.3 steps. That is at a normal pace. Give it a try to get a better reading of your actual steps.
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 558 Member
    Options

you can use mapmyrun.com to map where you walk and it will give you your mileage. I use it both to figure out what my routes are going to be (if I am looking to hit a specific mileage) and for how far I've actually gone (in the event I just hit the road and come home when I'm tired).
  • kdenny2
    kdenny2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Im in
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Let's do it!!
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    I'm in! This will be my 1st challenge as well. Ninety miles in 31 days? I can do that, especially since I'm training for a 5K.
    Where do we log these miles?

Yes log here!

Date:
    Miles Today:
    Total Miles:
    Miles Left:
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Tomorow is the DAY! Yeh!
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Are you going to use this "page" or start a group?

I'd like to give it a go! :)
  • anidan78
    anidan78 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm in. This gives me something to work towards!