About to give up! Started 2 weeks ago and have lost ZERO pou

Options

Replies

• ShawnaCurley
    ShawnaCurley Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    think if you were exercising more it might help too. Just a thought, it's worth a shot before you throw in the towel. I don't know how much time you have to exercise, but even mini workouts sqeezed in throughout the day can help tremendously. You might try it, anyways!?
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    are you drinking enough water?

try taking a fiber supplement ... I recommend PGX

Are you exercising? Exercise is KEY

also, sugar is the devil. I do not add sugar to a single thing I eat now. Instead I get natural sugars from fruit and veg.

PGX is amazing! I have been using the powder packets!!!
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Giving up will get you no where. I have been on this journey since September and have not seen a steady drop in weight. I am up and down the same numbers. What has helped me is to set fitness goal. For example I have my entire workout schedule planned untill June. Its exciting to me to start a new workout.. When I started I was pushing a 16w and last week I purchased a 14w. I can button it, but can't quite wear them comfotably. Stay the course if I can do it so can you. TBH idk why Im not losing but Im not giving up because I am moving as compared to last year all I did was complain about how fat I was well this yerar I am doing something about it.
  • jeefyl
    jeefyl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I say up your calories, drink water, exercise, and eat your exercise calories. My first week, I didn't lose anything. I upped my calories, started exercising and eating my exercise calories and I lost almost 5 pounds the next week. The next week, I experimented with not eating my exercise calories and lost less that a pound. The next week, I ate my exercise calories again and I lost more that 2 pounds. So, I think I found what works for me.

I know how you feel. You'll have to make little adjustments to see what really works for you.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Don't let the scale fool you. I started religiously last December. I didn't start noticing the difference on the scale until about a month later. But, I could tell it was working in inches/the way my clothes felt. It's almost like breaking in a new car....low mileage to start and then before you know it, the numbers just keep going higher and higher.....I stuck with it. 3 months later, 18lbs down. DON'T GIVE UP! :-)
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    your sodium is off the charts!! cut back on that for sure
  • 1bigtabbycat
    1bigtabbycat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    DON'T GIVE UP!!!! I have been using this forum since 6-11-11. I have successfully lost 45 pounds because of all of the support MFP provides. It takes time. Really it does. There is alot of great advice given to you. I would like to comment on your concern that you feel hungry. Eating fresh fruits and veggies are great fillers. The fruit has higher calorie count, but it is sweet and will help with the sweettooth - take it from me, Ms. Wants to Eat Everything Sweet Everyday! But I have learned to control my cravings over time, but fruits do help. Also, eat a cupcake once in awhile. You will find that over time, eating less of those things will satisfy more. Now, one girl scout cookie will satisfy instead of 4, or 5 or 6.
    One more thing... try eating more protein. I have switched to Greek Yogurt for breakfast or a snack (vs. regular nonfat yogurt). It has approx 12 grams of protein and satisfies me until lunch. Fiber intake is also helpful for this.
    Welcome - hope to hear great things from you!
    :flowerforyou:
  • 2012dancingqueen
    2012dancingqueen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You are eating way,WAY too much sodium! Drink lots of water and cut down on the sodium. I would bet you retain a ton of water weight! Cut that down and watch the weight start to sweat and pee out!

Thanks.. you're probably right!
  • bilzprincess
    bilzprincess Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm with what lady above said. Start tracking with complete accuracy and look at ur sodium.
  • margielprt
    Options
    Don't let the border bullies get you to give up. Hang in there, please don't give up. You're worth it.:flowerforyou:
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    So even though I started MFP in like October I think, I didn't get serous till Januay. Started a 90 day challenge at the gym on Jan 16. I lost 7 lbs that first month, which was 2 weeks ago. I just weighed in again today and lost zero lbs in 2 weeks. BUT, I did lose several inches. I was getting very frustrated with the scale. Come to find out I was losing. Just not weight. Hang in there. I ended up resetting my MFP goals. I put tat I am sedentary (which I am) and put that I don't do any exercise. I didn't want MFP to automatically add in exercise calories for me. That way when I log my exercise it's more accurate. I don't eat all y exercise calories back but I do some of them. MFP already includes a caloric deficit in your calories. Ths is the amount of calories your body needs to function and lose the amount if weight you noted. When you exercise, you burn even more putting you at an even argent caloric deficit. Ths sounds awesome but your body needs some of those calories so you need to eat at east some back. I can't explain ths very well. It's taken me a long time to wrap my head around it myself. Lol
  • 2012dancingqueen
    Options
    Don't let the scale fool you. I started religiously last December. I didn't start noticing the difference on the scale until about a month later. But, I could tell it was working in inches/the way my clothes felt. It's almost like breaking in a new car....low mileage to start and then before you know it, the numbers just keep going higher and higher.....I stuck with it. 3 months later, 18lbs down. DON'T GIVE UP! :-)

That's a great example. Thank you!
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You can do this girl! Remember you are strong! All excellent tips above....especially lower sodium. My body just can't seem to deal with excess sodium. It is evil for me. Good luck....stay positive and know you can get over any obstacle.
  • alliover
    alliover Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Giving up is the wrong answer. It took a few weeks before I saw any difference in my weight but the difference in inches lost was almost immediate. After looking at your food diary I would agree with another poster who said you need to cut back on your sodium. It's wayyyyyyy too high!!!! Try and eat whole grains, fat free, sugar free, and add more veggies. You could also try changing your eating habits so you're eating something every 3 hours to resolve the hunger issue. I find it really hard to eat 1400 calories a day because I'm hardly ever hungry! You can take a look at my diary if you like, although the last couple of days aren't a good example because I'm sick and not eating or drinking as much as I should be. So stick with it, make a few changes and you will start to see the weight drop :)
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I would recalculate how much you want to lose and how quickly. IMO just starting off and jumpimg to so few calories from whatever you were before may make you hungry and disillusioned way to fast. I looked at losing two ponds a week and found that the calorie count was too unrealistic for me to even consider. If I had stuck with that, I probably would be wanting to give up as well. Could your expectations be a little high?
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Try to fill up on as much fresh produce and lean protein that you can. Drink until your sloshing. Cardio atleast 120 min a week. Do this for a week.
    Seriously, your diet needs to consist of mostly nutritious stuff and i aim for minimum two liters of water a day with a goal of 3. A plate of veggies and dark greens is less than 100cals. Add 5oz of baked chicken breast for 150cals and 2tbsp bbq sauce for 60cals. Thats a filling meal for less than 325cals. Do this three times a day plus two or three healthy snacks like an orange or smart popcorn coupled with large quantities of water and cardio and you will see a difference.
    Also, try hot tea or cocoa when cravings hit. Usually one will satisfy any type of craving. Good luck. Dont give up yet. Ive been working hard since jan 9th and lost 15lbs so far after years of being too lazy or giving up after a few days. It can be done and you will do it. Just dont stop!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    You've got plenty of good tips by other posters.
    Take your measurements.
    Give you 2 months and be consistent. Not 2 weeks.
  • 2012dancingqueen
    Options
    I would recalculate how much you want to lose and how quickly. IMO just starting off and jumpimg to so few calories from whatever you were before may make you hungry and disillusioned way to fast. I looked at losing two ponds a week and found that the calorie count was too unrealistic for me to even consider. If I had stuck with that, I probably would be wanting to give up as well. Could your expectations be a little high?

That's highly possible.
  • penney88
    Options
    Take measurements! PLEEASE dont get discouraged I bet you 100 bucks you can run up a flight of stairs much easier then 2 weeks ago!
  • 2012dancingqueen
    Options
    You've got plenty of good tips by other posters.
    Take your measurements.
    Give you 2 months and be consistent. Not 2 weeks.

That's great advice. Give it 2 months not 2 weeks. I am so impatient and often quit because i think i've failed when i haven't even tried hard enough. This is just another aspect of my life that this principle seems to come thru.

Thank you all for your encouragement.

Do you guys do cheat days because after 2 weeks of eating like a mouse i think i'm ready to have a whole pound cake to myself! :noway: :sad: