Quick! How much does the tooth fairy pay

Options

Replies

• LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Our Tooth Fairy spoils the kids. $5 for a regular tooth, $7 for a molar.
  • InnerPinup79
    Options
    Dang! I got jipped! As a child in.the 80's I got a 50 cent piece for the first couple then quarters after that. I thought that was a big deal. I don't have kids so I font know. Now as adults we pay to remove them!
  • brimir
    brimir Posts: 72
    Options
    I think she pays more for the bigger ones. They're much better for building her house.

Jesus, If I would have heard that the tooth fairy builds her house with the teeth I would have NEVER told my parents I lost any!! SCARY!!
  • wackedoutpet13
    wackedoutpet13 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I remember getting one of those big 50 cent coins. I know they don't make them anymore but if you happen to have one laying around, it might be cool to give a coin that not many people have.
  • 69mustang
    Options
    $5 per tooth was the average when my daughter was younger. I asked the parents of her friends and class mates to see what they were giving, kids talk and I wanted her to get about the same as they were getting.
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Mine got $2 for the first tooth (one new bill, to spend, and one gold Sacagawea dollar coin to keep). $1 for each after that.

My kid actually decided not to bother with 3 of her 8 teeth. She doesn't usually notice when they come out (and thus doesn't have them), wants to keep the ones she DOES have, and "I get enough money from my allowance anyway" (80 cents a day for doing her daily chores, most of which involve "keep yourself and your things tidied up"). LOL!
  • pinktulip76
    Options
    yep $5 here is the going rate lol.
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    My son got $5 for his first tooth but that was because his Tia accidentally put his down the garbage disposal.. LMAO Tia was the payer for the tooth fairy that year hehehehe.. but he did receive a note under his pillow from the tooth fairy... and each year after I put $2 under his pillow with a note.. and believe you me.. he cared much more about the note then the money :-) the note always complimented how he was doing a great job taking care of his teeth. and it reminded him to brush and floss twice a day.... and it said how she always looked forward to picking up his teeth ect... :-) He is 12... oh I miss those days :-(

I'm a cheesy mom LOL. Now my baby girl, she is 4, has her first loose tooth so I get to start the tradition all over again! :-)
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    It's been 5 dollars for all our children.
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    yep, five bucks....
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    We always got a dollar for front teeth and 3 dollars for molars. I guess she really liked molars!
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Holy crap -- I got 10 cents, then 25 cents later in the mid-'80s, and that was pretty common among my peers. Losing teeth has turned into serious cash!
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Wow. I feel cheated :laugh: .

I got only $1 per tooth, but then again, I started losing teeth in the 70s, but didn't lose the last baby tooth until HIGH SCHOOL.:embarassed:
  • jsmith81515
    jsmith81515 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I never got money, I always received gifts that were wrapped and placed next to my bed. However, I give my kids anywhere form $2 - $5 depending on how much I have on me.
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    For little teeth, I got a dollar.

For big teeth (molars), I got a 5.
  • dnsrmr
    dnsrmr Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I say don't follow what others pay but pay what you think the tooth fairy pays from your own passed experience. Personally there were ten of us kids in our family and we're all one year apart so you only know we got loose change, sometimes a quarter but hey...it's cool to look under the pillow and see anything but the tooth. LOL.
  • tracymarie2012
    tracymarie2012 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I always had backup special toothbrushes or special "kid toothpate", around for when i didn't have change in the house. Think the rate was 1-2$...unless it had a cavity in it.
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I used to gt a $20 back in the day! I wonder what i did with my money lol
  • ahunkofmexican
    Options
    I say replace the tooth with a raisin or black marker it.........Then in the mourning when your child comes crying to you , tell them that they ate too much Candy and sugar soda and it ruined the tooth. That way you save your money and teach the kids to eat healthy and brush after every time they have sugary snacks Out of fear of missing out on Cash ! :bigsmile: Just Say'in
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Holy crap -- I got 10 cents, then 25 cents later in the mid-'80s, and that was pretty common among my peers. Losing teeth has turned into serious cash!

10 cents here too! Thought that was pretty exciting back in the day!! :bigsmile: I've always thought a coin was cool, never heard of bills being left by the tooth fairy.. hm. Probably depends on what Country the tooth fairy if traveling in at the time......

:huh: $5 piece???!! Crazy with all the teeth a kid will lose x the rest of the kids losing them as well, least they can pay for college that way!:laugh: :wink:
    I say don't follow what others pay but pay what you think the tooth fairy pays from your own passed experience. Personally there were ten of us kids in our family and we're all one year apart so you only know we got loose change, sometimes a quarter but hey...it's cool to look under the pillow and see anything but the tooth. LOL.
    Love this idea...makes perfect sense!:happy: