Whole Health Partnership

Options
:heart: 2 :heart:
Complete in Christ Spirit, Mind & Body.

We are a group of ordinary people on a journey towards healthier more abundant lives. This is not about quick fix diets. (who wants to participate in an activity that begins with the letters d-i-e consecutively) but rather focusing on changing from the inside out. It's not always what we are eating, but what is eating us. Please share what works for you, recipes, groups walks, failures or success. We are here for each other.

Replies

• sahmto4boys
    sahmto4boys Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey, I see you!!!!
  • maryk4
    maryk4 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm not sure if I can do this or not, I have to see if i can easily translate my home made stuff to put it in.

Are you finding that easy? Any hints?
  • Frankee
    Frankee Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Mary, Welcome! It's really easy. I just add one ingredient at a time and the calculator figures it out. I finds this really easy to do, I can look up all kinds of foods. I made tuna salad..very simple tuna garlic, onion, olive oil mayo and wrapped it in lettuce leaves. It was great, but I ate the whole can of tuna and blew all of my protien for the day. LOL..
  • Frankee
    Options
    There is a recipe section here on the message board. Here's I can't wait to try!

1 leaf of "Just the Leaves Romaine"
    1 Slice any Columbus sliced Turkey
    1 Handful of Alfalfa Sprouts or Micro greens
    1 TBSP Garlic Hummus (or another)

Spread the hummus over the leaf, add turkey slice and sprouts, roll up, you're done!

Each Wrap is about 120 Calories, and 4 grams of fat (no saturated fats!), but you can reduce the calories if you'd rather use a non fat yogurt instead of the hummus. There's 12-14 grams of protein in each slice of turkey . 2 wraps

NOTE: recommend using the roasted sliced turkey, reduced sodium turkey, or peppered because the honey, maple, and Italian are usually too overpowering and that's all you taste. ALSO! BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL with alfalfa sprouts. A lot of people don't notice the disclaimer on the side, but you can become extremely ill if you eat sprouts after their expiry date.
  • sahmto4boys
    Options
    Wonder if anyone else will join us? I think it worth it to figure out the calories in stuff you make esp. doing it the 1 time then it's done. I even thought of an easier way to do it then what I orginally did. Especially good if you are going somewhere so you know that you will have somethign there that you can eat and stay within your calories hopefully... i completely went over my calories sat. and sunday, but i am not stressing over it...as long as that doesn't happen every weekend.......
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Try this website to figure out your recipes. http://www.recipecal.com/. The calculator at (whispers) Sparkpeople is easy to use also:flowerforyou:
  • sahmto4boys
    Options
    thanks for the link
  • sahmto4boys
    Options
    good morning ladies! I got my workout in already this morning. I have a dentist appointment so I wanted to workout before that. My shoulders and legs are sore too this morning....wii fit really does work!!! (besides the soreness i sweat like crazy too)
  • maryk4
    Options
    Thanks Frankee, but where can you add one ingredient at a time and have the calculator do it? I saw the page where you put in all the data from the recipe but I had to figure it all out to enter it, but Greta's right, once it's in, it's done.

I went way over yesterday, and I'll be going over a little today. After yesterday, it told me that if all days were like yesterday, I'd GAIN 2.5 pounds in the next five weeks - oops!
  • sahmto4boys
    Options
    I think it's kind of funny how it says if ever day were like today you would gain/lose xxxxx in 5 weeks.... is that really true? are all our bodies alike in the fact that if we ate that same amount of calories everyday that is exactly what would happen?

not sure that I am going to be able to exercise today... i am going in to work for 3pm and we have to go to the grocery store this morning b/c i ran out of salad and hand soap.... and i need more blueberries.... i am getting addicted to blueberries for a snack..i measure them out and then eat it out of the cup. what am i going to do in the winter...frozen just isn't the same...
  • maryk4
    Options
    OK, I'm going to weigh myself in the morning. I have gone over every day except today, so I don't know what to expect.

Hope your next weigh-in goes well too!
  • sahmto4boys
    Options
    Hello!!! I did my weigh-in this morning...I have eaten under everyday (even with having some things I shouldn't have had)......
  • maryk4
    Options
    I was happy to see I'm one pound down! I'm a little surprised considering how much/often I've gone over!
  • sahmto4boys
    Options
    awesome Mary!!!! keep it up!!!!

Side note-my mother-in-law is taking 3 of my kids all week with her to her church's VBS.....ahhhh..quiet!
  • Frankee
    Options
    Hi Ladies. sorry I have been away. I have to find a scale. The greatest achievement so far is that I have not had a cookie, doughnut or dare I say it cupcake. Well, I have busy day ahead..
  • sahmto4boys
    Options
    thought you were going to come here to weigh?? my regular scale isn't that good...but i like using the wii fit scale
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Hi Mary, Welcome! It's really easy. I just add one ingredient at a time and the calculator figures it out. I finds this really easy to do, I can look up all kinds of foods. I made tuna salad..very simple tuna garlic, onion, olive oil mayo and wrapped it in lettuce leaves. It was great, but I ate the whole can of tuna and blew all of my protien for the day. LOL..

Protein sources are good for you. Protein and fat will help to keep you fuller longer and satiated.

I want to join in with you guys.
  • sahmto4boys
    Options
    Glad to have you leanlioness...welcome
  • sahmto4boys
    Options
    How is everything doing today? I didn't exercise yet. I have a ton of stuff to get done by Friday...hopefully this afternoon I will do some wii fit!
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Glad to have you leanlioness...welcome

Thank You.

I started doing Pilates this week and it is so relaxing. I feel more free in a spiritual kind of way. Like a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders.