Ladies, embarassing but I need to ask!

Options
2»

Replies

• sandy317
    sandy317 Posts: 6
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water when you work out at the gym? I've only ever had a yeast infection once and it was after I came back from a 5 day kayak trip. I could tell at the time I wasn't drinking enough water. We only had whatever water we took with us and I realized too late that I hadn't taken enough. Anyhow, as soon as I told the doctor I had been on a kayak trip he said it was from not drinking enough water. He said that it is extremely common in that kind of situation as the body isn't able to flush itself out enough.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    :embarassed: The first week I was on the diet I got bladder infection, I wasn't drinking enough water. I sometimes get yeast infection when I use certain bubble baths to my bathing water or soaps, I use a woman's wash for that area you can get it where the douches and deodorants are for females.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    It's probably a combination of:
    1) a change in diet
    and
    2) an increase in sweating.... uh, down there.

I wouldn't worry, but try plain cotton panties and change them immeadiately after a workout. Also go with lose fitting short/ pants when excercising instead of the spandex or lycra options.
  • kaiyacali
    kaiyacali Posts: 175
    Options
    Cotton undies work for me:explode:
  • littleone68
    littleone68 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    ACTUALLY dyes and the like irritate some women vaginally. Irritation i.e. rash, swelling, discharge create moist environments and can create yeast friendly conditions. Yeast is also found in the brain as well as your ears, and other body parts. Actually if you had READ my post I did not say dyes cause yeast I said I was prone to IRRITATION from the items listed. And that I use caution with anything that causes problems. I also stated that you can prevent yeast from overgrowing naturally.

I was only using the information from two websites and the $1500 in medical books I have from nursing school. I was not attacking you in any way Phatmomma.
  • Phatmomma
    Phatmomma Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Didn't think you were. I was clearing the confusion you had with my post by stating that a woman can get irritated and irritation can lead to yeast overgrowth. But as I always say consult with your doctor anytime you have any health related issues. Afterall we can't always rely on what we read on the internet lol. Each woman's body is different and anything can trigger yeast friendly conditions, INCLUDING sweat, allergic reactions, medication, and even stress and also weight and diabetes, HIV, HSV, and a slew of other things. Oh the woes of womanhood.
  • littleone68
    littleone68 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Didn't think you were. I was clearing the confusion you had with my post by stating that a woman can get irritated and irritation can lead to yeast overgrowth. But as I always say consult with your doctor anytime you have any health related issues. Afterall we can't always rely on what we read on the internet lol. Each woman's body is different and anything can trigger yeast friendly conditions, INCLUDING sweat, allergic reactions, medication, and even stress and also weight and diabetes, HIV, HSV, and a slew of other things. Oh the woes of womanhood.
    you got that right!!
  • bjigglepants
    Options
    suffice to say...if the cooter/hoohah/cooch ain't happy...ain't nobody happy :wink:

btw i could never call it a lassie..i'd feel like i have a collie in my pants that saves little boys that are stuck in wells...i'm just sayin.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,126 Member
    Options
    suffice to say...if the cooter/hoohah/cooch ain't happy...ain't nobody happy :wink:

btw i could never call it a lassie..i'd feel like i have a collie in my pants that saves little boys that are stuck in wells...i'm just sayin.

:laugh: :tongue: