Do you weigh more during that time of the month?

Options

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everyone retains some water during that time of the month. Avoid the scale or just ignore the fluctuation.
    Heck, I don't even have a uterus anymore and I probably weigh more on certain days, too.
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Definatley, it doesnt matter how much water i drink i still put on
  • sunkissed1109
    sunkissed1109 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Battling it now. Ugh.
  • amystpierre
    amystpierre Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Oooooh yes! I actually lost a couple pounds when I first started this month, then the next day even though I never changed a thing, I gained two back...sigh...water retention.
  • jj1983
    jj1983 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Yes, but usually the few days before, and then it drops off the day I start or the day after.
  • twentytude
    Options
    DEFINITELY!!! I try not weight myself two days prior, during and two days after my period. Always off!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    yep I go up a solid 5-7 lbs and it comes off after. It of course feels like 50lbs.
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    From 1st day of Ov to 1 day of aunt flo... 3-6 pounds. Frustrating as hell to see now matter how much I kill myself at the gym or lower my sodium consumption its the same way every month. By day 2 of aunt flo, I'll have an accurate reading.
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    3 to 5 lbs every time but it goes away shortly after
  • kauaibaby
    kauaibaby Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yes, I can retain as much as 6lbs during TOM and I've noticed ovulation week can be just as bad. I have PCOS as well as other issues so I'm sure that has something to do with it as well.
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Last month I put on half a pound the day I started and it didn't come off until about five days in, then I magically lost a pound. :)

This month, I gained two the week BEFORE without going over my calories or skipping workouts.:explode: I just started so we'll see how it goes. :ohwell:
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I stay away from the scale till 1 or 2 days after :flowerforyou:
  • Diandra81
    Diandra81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Yes ma'am. Some is water weight and some is from the chocolate consumed.

LOL same here....my sweets consumption during that time is shameful...
  • BonnieSeelinger
    BonnieSeelinger Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes, about 10#s and then it drops back off a day or two after.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Yes, at least 2-4lbs depending ... I start taking diurex a couple days before it gets here and that helps some. The scale still showed a gain then, but my stomach doesn't feel that 'omg my gut feels like it's going to burst' full majorly bloated feeling.

I also quit weighing myself during this time. All it did was torture me and make me upset.

I still exercise too, it does make me feel better.
  • NicoletheFaye
    NicoletheFaye Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I read this post. I weighed myself last night and found that I have put on 11 pounds in one week, which essentially would have meant that I ate an additional 47,250 calories that weren't accounted for. I guess I've never really weighed myself around this time before. I was SO discouraged and had to get my roommates to assure me over and over again that this isn't possible. One of which is my sister and also a dietician. She agreed that it's a lot of water and to avoid salt.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Yep - during tom for me I weigh 5-7lbs more than normal typically!
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake of stepping on the scale this morning and was disappointed to see the gain ... but then I just made a note to self: do NOT step on scale during your T>O>M> and try to stay within your calories so next week when its over i should be right where im supposed to be.
  • bulletprooff
    Options
    I do, for sure!!! I can easily put on 5 to 7 pounds! It's usually all bloat/water weight. And, a few days after I'm done, it goes away. That's my problem right now. I'm discouraged, but I know the gain is all bloat.

This happens to me. I can't wait for it to go and it'll look like a "sudden" loss
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I never weigh myself during that TOM!! its self-sabotage. And yes I always gain 5 pounds!!