is it bad that i have reached my protein limit already?

Options
13»

Replies

• MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    wow i didnt think it was going to turn into this..lol some really good info here and thank you for the tips! yesterday i worked out and took my protein shake and i was only over 7 grams of protein. i seem to always keep my carbs very low and i seem to take in about half of what my allowed fats for the day. so from what i am reading by going over on the proteins is not a bad thing. as for eating one gram of protein for body weight man i have no idea how i would pull that off!..lol but thanks again everyone for the tips i will keep them in mind!
    the imperial rule of thumb is actually supposed to be 1g per pound of LEAN body mass... meaning a hypothetical 220lb guy should be aiming for ~175 or so.. not 220.
    but I often see it mixed up with actual total bodyweight... its not worth arguing about though... I dont know the "rule" for people that weigh themselves in kilograms... im going to assume it works out similar.
  • mrnice1058
    mrnice1058 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    well i am 303 and i want to get to 220 because that is where i was in the best shape of my life! 212 would be perfect because i was fast and still strong but 220 i was at my best! so what ever it takes to get to 220 i am good!