Wii Fit NSV!

I'm so excited to have met my first large-scale goal today with a loss of 30 pounds! I still have a long way to go, but I am so pumped to have reached this milestone, as I now weigh below the Wii Fit weight limit. Before this point, I did use the Wii for exercise. However, I always had to place a towel under the balance board. *facepalm* Now I can throw away that towel and also log my weight accurately!

To those of you above 330 pounds, I just want to let you know you can reach your goals if you set your mind to it and even use the Wii Fit. The balance board can actually withstand weights up to 600 pounds, it's just the software that is set at 330 max. Just use the balance board on carpeting or place a towel underneath and you are set. I have lost the 30 pounds with just using MFP to count calories, walking and using Wii Fit Plus. It's awesome exercise! Thanks for letting me share my accomplishment! :)

Replies

• Wow thats great! You're doing awesome! Keep it up!
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Absalutely brilliant. Well done and best of luck for the rest of your journey x
  • AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Go you!!! Don't have a Wii fit (I think I am gaming device deficient!) but I think I will have to rectify that. I love that you are happy with the smaller NSV's - They all count!!! Keep it up!
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    I started my journey with wii fit at about 315. definitely a great start
  • skydiamonds67
    skydiamonds67 Posts: 49 Member
    Go you!!! Don't have a Wii fit (I think I am gaming device deficient!) but I think I will have to rectify that. I love that you are happy with the smaller NSV's - They all count!!! Keep it up!

I have 150-200 pounds to lose, so to keep my motivation and my sanity, I have broken my total weight loss goal into small mini goals. I have 5 different weight goals to reach, and also have a jacket and pair of jeans that I want to fit into again. That way it makes my journey seem less daunting, and keeps me motivated to reach all of my goals (since one is never that far away).

Focusing on the little changes (in either pounds, inches, energy levels or any other positive differences in health and well-being) is the way to go! I try to keep this motto in mind: "Focus on how far you’ve come, not how far you have to go." :)
  • WiiFitFan
    WiiFitFan Posts: 156 Member
    Congratulations on your accomplishments! Wii Fit is a fun way to get some exercise! Keep up the great work!
  • Congratulations on reaching your first goal. I have used the Wii fit in the past and I actually still use my Wii to exercise, but now I am using the Zumba 2 for the Wii. Keep up the good work!
  • Drendren
    Drendren Posts: 34 Member
    Congrats on meeting your milestone - that's huge! Thanks for your motto - very motivational as well.
  • HisMissus
    HisMissus Posts: 119 Member
    I love using the Wii Fit for exercising, still umming and arring about getting Zumba for it, though lots of my friends say it's fun. Keep up the good work xxx
  • jhartram
    jhartram Posts: 165
    That's awesome! What a wonderful NSV! Keep up the incredible work! =D
  • thats freaking fabulous!!! proud of you
  • Congrats on making your first milestone! That's awesome. Keep up the good work!
  • Congrats Sky!!! you have inspired me to dust off my WII fit
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    WTG! Stay with it, and keep doing what your doing!

I got a Wii zumba but I need help to get it set up (electronics are not one of my better talents)...can't wait to get started.
  • GrEaT jOb!:flowerforyou:
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Congrats to you! I love my wii fit - best thing my folks ever bought for me. Keep up the great work :)
  • WAY TO GO! 30 is a great goal to achieve! I can't wait for that one myself! Keep up the awesome work!
  • Pattie74
    Pattie74 Posts: 85 Member
    Great job!!! Congratulations to you...you are an encouragement!
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Congratulations on your first thirty pounds!! Keep it up before you know it you will be hitting your next thirty!!!
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    That's fantastic! Wii Fit is SUCH a great tool. I've used it since 310.
  • mv0912
    mv0912 Posts: 30 Member
    That's amazing!! :) Congrats on your loss :)
  • ErinNichole76
    ErinNichole76 Posts: 52 Member
    Congrats!!
    I've been using my Wii Fit as my exercise tool of choice also. I love the Rhythm Boxing and Kung Fu. Our living room is carpeted so I don't 'trust' the wii weight numbers but when it says I've gone down more than a pound I'll double check that against my bathroom scale. Even on the carpet its fairly accurate.

I love the idea of having inbetween goals. I have some too but I really should write them down somewhere so I don't forget. Mainly they are outfits in my closet I refuse to let go of because I want to be able to fit into them again.

Thanks!!
  • r3d13
    r3d13 Posts: 139
    Awesome job. Congrats. You are truly inspirational. Keep up the great work.
  • You have a wonderful, positive attitude. Congratulations on meeting your first mini-goal!
  • KCalmeyn
    KCalmeyn Posts: 36 Member
    Congratulations!!! Keep up the good work.

Having a very large weight loss goal can be overwhelming. You definately have the right idea about achieving smaller goals, It does make the weight loss journey seem much more attainable.

You are an inspiration, thank you for sharing your story. Keep us posted of your progress. Feel free to friend me.
  • KCalmeyn
    KCalmeyn Posts: 36 Member
    Quick question. What is NSV? I have seen it many times on here and can't figure out what it means. Thank you.
  • skydiamonds67
    Quick question. What is NSV? I have seen it many times on here and can't figure out what it means. Thank you.

Non-scale victory. And thanks for the kind words! :)
  • skydiamonds67
    Congrats!!
    I've been using my Wii Fit as my exercise tool of choice also. I love the Rhythm Boxing and Kung Fu. Our living room is carpeted so I don't 'trust' the wii weight numbers but when it says I've gone down more than a pound I'll double check that against my bathroom scale. Even on the carpet its fairly accurate.

I love the idea of having inbetween goals. I have some too but I really should write them down somewhere so I don't forget. Mainly they are outfits in my closet I refuse to let go of because I want to be able to fit into them again.

Thanks!!

Thanks for the kind words! Rhythm Boxing is my favorite too! You should totally write down your goals! I have all of my mini goals listed on my profile in the About Me section. Then I also can put down the day I achieved each goal. It keeps me motivated and also accountable. :)
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    You are inspiring! I think I will dust off my Wii fit today and get some boxing in.:) Thank you for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!