Insanity Round 1 - March 1 Start - Any takers?

Options
:noway: I am feeling a bit insane right now....but I'm starting Insanity tomorrow. I just finished a round of p90 and loved it (I've done it a few times before). I'm taking final measurements tonight and will post them later but so far I've lost 21lbs and close to 30 inches all over my body.

Now I'm looking for a few more insane MFP nembers to join me :) It's only 60 days....we can do it! :bigsmile:

Replies

• biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    I would, but I'm starting my 3rd round in Apr.. Enjoy!!!
  • coll75
    coll75 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am only in my second phase of p90x , or I would love to start ! Keep us posted :)
  • MariarR33
    Options
    Good luck! I finish my first round next Saturday! It's a great program and you will LOVE it!
  • bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. I should be receiving my INSANITY on the 2nd!!! I am so STOKED to start. I will be a day behind, is that okay?
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    What is insanity? I need somethign different to do but it sounds like its something I would have to order.
  • rachyrach1234
    Options
    im starting insanity on monday....you kinda have to start on a monday considering the calendar....
    i have done it once before and now im totally ready to do it again!!!
  • Scatterdragon
    Scatterdragon Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am planning to start it on the first
  • criscricket
    Options
    Ok someone tell me please what is insanity?
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I started a couple weeks ago...and it is doing wonders. YOu will love it and hate it at the same time. It is making inches disappear from my gut so I am a big fan of it.
    At first it was very difficult but as the days go on I am more coordinated and do better at the exercises and stretches. I still yell at the monitor from time to time

Good Luck and enjoy!
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Ok someone tell me please what is insanity?

I think the website is beachbody.com but it is a great high impact aerobic workout that starts out with a warmup to stretches and then the workout and cool down. It is a 60 day rotation with one day off a week. Average time of exercises is about 40 minutes.

Check it out.
  • tru2rt
    tru2rt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi noticed you wanted information about Insanity........I am a team beachbody coach so let me know if I can help you or if you think insanity maybe too much I can direct you to a different program.

here is the stats on the program:

What is it?
    INSANITY® is a 60-day cardio-based total-body conditioning program that’s
    perhaps the most intense workout ever put on DVD. Fitness expert Shaun T
    drew on his collegiate track and field training plus his subsequent years of
    experience as an elite trainer to create a program that takes total-body
    conditioning to an extreme level.

Just as P90X is the height of resistance training, so INSANITY is the pinnacle
    of cardio training.

Why is it effective?
    Interval training allows you to beat the “stress adaptation response,” which is
    what happens when your body gets used to exercising at one level of exertion
    and stops improving. An interval workout includes a set where you perform
    at your maximum, followed by one of lower intensity, with the cycle repeated
    to achieve a cumulative effect.

INSANITY uses MAX Interval Training which replaces your moderateintensity
    exercise with maximum-intensity exercise, and your short intervals
    of intensity with short periods of rest. Adding high-intensity exercise,
    during which your heart rate is raised to 80 percent or more of its maximum
    capacity, forces your body to use fast-twitch muscle fibers not normally
    engaged in cardio exercise. These fast-twitch fibers continue burning extra
    fuel even during lower-intensity exercise.

INSANITY’s high-intensity activity is likely to have you working out at over 85%
    of your maximum, instead of the lower rate recommended in other programs.
    As a result, you’ll experience faster increases in fitness and more efficient
    burning of carbohydrates and fat—as much as 1,000 calories per hour.
  • jrucktaeschel
    Options
    I am going to start with you!!! I need pumping up I have 66 days until I leave on my cruise so I need your help to stay focused!
  • tru2rt
    tru2rt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am going to start with you!!! I need pumping up I have 66 days until I leave on my cruise so I need your help to stay focused!

Sure thing! Are you doing insanity? What is your weightloss goal? And lastly what do you want from me as an accountability partner?
  • kreif429
    Options
    Insanity is a home workout program offered through teambeachbody. I haven't personally done it but looks like a lot of fun. I have done some other programs thru teambeachbody. I am currently a team beachbody coach. Check it out on the website. www.beachbodycoach/kreif and then if you go to "shop" it will show you all the programs that team beachbody offers. Lots of good stuff!
  • Andrealeah32
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!! Great that we have starters!!! WOOO HOOO!!!

I am not a Beachbody coach but it's great that we'll be able to go through the program together.

So we've got a few ppl starting in the next 2-5 days!! PERFECT!!!

I'm doing my fit test tonight......i watched it last night and I'm not sure how many i'll be able to do but I'm gonna give it a shot...what do i have to lose right?
  • Andrealeah32
    Options
    I started a couple weeks ago...and it is doing wonders. YOu will love it and hate it at the same time. It is making inches disappear from my gut so I am a big fan of it.
    At first it was very difficult but as the days go on I am more coordinated and do better at the exercises and stretches. I still yell at the monitor from time to time

Good Luck and enjoy!

How are you liking it so far? Any tips/recommendations?
  • Andrealeah32
    Options
    I would love to join. I should be receiving my INSANITY on the 2nd!!! I am so STOKED to start. I will be a day behind, is that okay?

YAY!! Looking forward to doing this with mfp pals!!! :bigsmile:
  • Andrealeah32
    Options
    I am planning to start it on the first

Awesome!!!! I'm kinda nervous! What about you?
  • Andrealeah32
    Options

Ohhh a cruise sounds exciting!!! Perfect timing too....you'll be done just in time!!!
  • kreif429
    kreif429 Posts: 6
    Options
    You will have to let me know how you like INsanity I think that is going to be my next program but the month of march seems unbeleivably busy for me so i'm doing a different beach body program this month!