ZOOMA Annapolis 1/2 Marathon!

Is anyone running the ZOOMA Annapolis 1/2 Marathon? I recently registered, but my friend backed out... and now it looks like its just going to be me! This will be my first real race, and my first time running >5 miles, regularly, but I am really excited. It would be great to find some people to chat with about training and progress!

Replies

• LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    I'm not but YAY for Maryland!
  • SERinDC
    SERinDC Posts: 93 Member
    AHHH, I'm friending you now. I'm seriously thinking about that race. I had the same thing happen to me-- I'm running the DC Rock N Roll 1/2 marathon race in a few weeks and my friend I was training with had to back out. I want to see how that one goes in a couple of weeks and then see if I want to do Zooma too!!! So cool that you're doing it!
  • So many great events going on in Annapolis. ZOOMA sounds awesome! Enjoy!
  • SERinDC: Whoa, that is great! It sounds like you have lots of races coming up! Good luck! I started training for ZOOMA three years ago and then busted my knee... so now that I am healthy(ish) I want to tackle it! I just think the mission of ZOOMA is great, so I am really excited!
  • SERinDC
    SERinDC: Whoa, that is great! It sounds like you have lots of races coming up! Good luck! I started training for ZOOMA three years ago and then busted my knee... so now that I am healthy(ish) I want to tackle it! I just think the mission of ZOOMA is great, so I am really excited!

Glad you're getting back into running! I've gone a little race crazy this year. I joined a triathlon club last year, which is great, but all of a sudden I've really come to enjoy running more than swimming and cycling. Still doing the club so there's always people to train with for the three sports. The mission sounds cool-- so it's celebrating women, but men can race too?

Question about ZOOMA: Do you know when it usually sells out? I kind of want to wait a bit, but not too long if I'm going to sign up. This year the DC half marathon sold out way quicker than previous years, but I think it's b/c they just converted it to the Rock N Roll series. Looking forward to an excuse to visit beautiful Annapolis!
  • Iluvchopsticks
    Iluvchopsticks Posts: 130 Member
    I am considering it but have reservations. My bf did the Annapolis half and disliked the course quite a bit. It sounds like the route might be similar so I'm not so sure. On the other hand, it sounds like it may be a fun event. I am doing a full in May and want to schedule a few halfs in the following months to motivate me to keep my mileage up before the Marine Corps Marathon next fall and ZOOMA is definitely a candidate.
  • SERinDC
    I am considering it but have reservations. My bf did the Annapolis half and disliked the course quite a bit. It sounds like the route might be similar so I'm not so sure. On the other hand, it sounds like it may be a fun event. I am doing a full in May and want to schedule a few halfs in the following months to motivate me to keep my mileage up before the Marine Corps Marathon next fall and ZOOMA is definitely a candidate.

I've heard from a few people that the Frederick Half Marathon has a nice course. Not sure if that's too close to your May marathon, but just an idea!

• Glad you're getting back into running! I've gone a little race crazy this year. I joined a triathlon club last year, which is great, but all of a sudden I've really come to enjoy running more than swimming and cycling. Still doing the club so there's always people to train with for the three sports. The mission sounds cool-- so it's celebrating women, but men can race too?

Question about ZOOMA: Do you know when it usually sells out? I kind of want to wait a bit, but not too long if I'm going to sign up. This year the DC half marathon sold out way quicker than previous years, but I think it's b/c they just converted it to the Rock N Roll series. Looking forward to an excuse to visit beautiful Annapolis!

Yep, I believe men can race too... I'm not sure when it sells out... they have 4,000 racing, I believe. I know a friend of mine was put on the waitlist last year, but I don't know when she signed up. Sorry I am no help!