Leap Day Let Down

Options
mandygal13
mandygal13 Posts: 219 Member
So, today being Leap Day, I got up the courage to ask a man out - we met a few months ago, flirted a little, blah blah. He told me he was seeing someone else. I was disappointed and embarrassed, but still wish him luck. He's a really nice guy...

SO, guys - was this a dumb move? If things don't work out with this current lady, do you think he would look me up, or am I toast having been rejected this time?

SO, guys - anyone looking for a date? :wink: :laugh:

Replies

• LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    aww i'm sorry that happened! I don't think it was a dumb move though...you never know until you try. And good for you for putting yourself out there! Thats a tough move all on its own!! You are braver than me :smile: Hang in there...someone even better will come along!!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you for putting yourself out there..You wouldn't have known unless you did..You should just brush yourself off...and move on...
  • KJVBear33
    Options
    Wish I had the strength to put myself out there with a cute guy..........wish I had the strength to FIND said cute guy.........I am more old fashioned when it comes to this stuff. I like to try to find someone through a friend..........problem is, only one really great friend.........*sigh*

I don't NEED someone in my life..........I'd LIKE to have someone in my life like that.........

At any rate, major major props to you my dear OP........
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Fearless! Major props to you girl for having the guts to ask him. If you don't ask, the answer is always no.

And you just never know what may happen in the future. Maybe he just doesn't know what he's missing out on. :)
  • lmcenin
    Options
    Good for you! Every guy I ever met says they love to get asked out by women. As long as you do it with sincerity and handle the rejection (for lack of a better word) with class, you are gold for a future date if there is any interest. :smile:
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! And I don't think you should be embarrassed at all. It takes a lot of guts to ask someone out!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you!!!

You're assertive and confident...that is very sexy and I have no doubt that in time the right guy will come along and snatch you up!
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    nothing ventured nothing gained, shouldnt be a leap year thing though!
  • Kasia1974
    Options
    Yes, I think if it doesn't work out with the other person, at least now he knows you are interested and there's a much better chance of him looking you up in the future. In my experience, I've noticed men in general are clueless, lol. In some cases, they take professional courtesy as "flirting" and in other scenarios they don't get the real flirting at all. So at least now he knows, right?
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say that I probably would not be married to my wonderful wife if she had not made the first move. As a younger man, I was clueless. So huge congratulations on putting yourself out there. Also, I wouldn't say you are toast. Is this someone that you see on a regular basis? If it is, try not to change your behavior toward him--in other words, keep talking to him.
  • Chairless
    Options
    Yes, I think if it doesn't work out with the other person, at least now he knows you are interested and there's a much better chance of him looking you up in the future. In my experience, I've noticed men in general are clueless, lol. In some cases, they take professional courtesy as "flirting" and in other scenarios they don't get the real flirting at all. So at least now he knows, right?

quote for truth. we have no clue, at all.
  • mandygal13
    Options
    Good for you!!! And I don't think you should be embarrassed at all. It takes a lot of guts to ask someone out!

I honestly have a new respect for the guys - it's hard! How do they do it ALL the time?!?
  • mandygal13
    Options

quote for truth. we have no clue, at all.

Thanks for the honesty! :laugh:
  • mandygal13
    Options
    I can honestly say that I probably would not be married to my wonderful wife if she had not made the first move. As a younger man, I was clueless. So huge congratulations on putting yourself out there. Also, I wouldn't say you are toast. Is this someone that you see on a regular basis? If it is, try not to change your behavior toward him--in other words, keep talking to him.

We may run into each other now and then, but not a 'regular' seeing each other. I wished him luck and left it at that...hopefully that was good!
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you for having the guts to ask this guy out.
    Dont sweat it that he is all ready seeing someone. You two werent meant to be. There is someone out there that will be a better match for you.
  • mandygal13
    Options
    Wish I had the strength to put myself out there with a cute guy..........wish I had the strength to FIND said cute guy.........I am more old fashioned when it comes to this stuff. I like to try to find someone through a friend..........problem is, only one really great friend.........*sigh*

I don't NEED someone in my life..........I'd LIKE to have someone in my life like that.........

Thanks on the props...it is hard to find a man my age who has all the qualities I'm looking for. Like you, I don't feel the need for someone, but would like someone. Better no one than the wrong one, though. I've done that, too!!
  • JenSmith1104
    Options
    I took the inititive with my now-husband. I don't think he would've made any moves. haha. Keep your head up and don't let this discourage you from doing it in the future!
  • rinnismom
    Options
    you are so wonderful. it didn't work out but you aren't beating your head against a wall about it, very mature. i've seen people use this as a tactic to get off track and hinder their personal goal. cyber hug to you for being so honest and asking. i've always heard, "if you don't ask, how do you know?"

your post inspired me and made me smile. you're a great catch!
  • Chairless
    Options
    time to make myself very unpopular and explain a little why men have absolutely no clue most of the time when you flirt with them and the best approach is always to be upfront and ask them out.

we get hit on / flirted with all the time and most of us, unless particularly fond of themselves, are almost completely immune to it.

maybe 1 in 100 times its because the lady has intentions towards us, the other 99 im afraid its anything from needing a favour to simply not knowing how to make any other sort of conversation.

so if anyone ever wondered, thats why men seem clue less, we tune it out.

/runs, hides.
  • KJVBear33
    Options

Thanks on the props...it is hard to find a man my age who has all the qualities I'm looking for. Like you, I don't feel the need for someone, but would like someone. Better no one than the wrong one, though. I've done that, too!!

I hear ya.........and you are welcome! Keep swingin' though.......surely you will find someone........just think of it as God being picky with you cause He wants to find the perfect one for you! Thats how I see it myself! :)