Im a fat junkie

Options
All I think about is food. I want to go in the kitchen and eat everything. Once I start I can't stop. Its like a ciggerate craving! I try eating fruit but i still feel hungry. Does anyone have any tips for controlling the cravings. :explode:

Replies

• foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    All I think about is food. I want to go in the kitchen and eat everything. Once I start I can't stop. Its like a ciggerate craving! I try eating fruit but i still feel hungry. Does anyone have any tips for controlling the cravings. :explode:

i am the EXACT same way. i am trying to plan out my meals a day or so before. this is my first successful day, though the day isn't over.
    it isn't impossible to get over binging, so we should be able to do it.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

You will feel more full if you eat enough protein and fiber, and also drink lots of water.
    I definitely recommend logging your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later. I even log sometimes 4 and 5 days worth of meals! :smile:
  • fraiseroja
    fraiseroja Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    For me, drinking water helps quite a bit. Try to get a lot of fiber and protein in. That is what makes you full. What MFP gives you is not enough for protein and fiber. At least for mine it isn't. But the water thing helps quite a bit. I sit away from whatever I want, drink the water slowly and do something else. Normally by the time I do that, I have stopped wanting the food or I am full from the water. Most of the time we are hungry is just that we are thirsty but don't know it. But I know how you feel, if I see the food then I have to eat it. I try to keep things in my pantry so it is out of sight. I also don't buy cookies or chips or ice cream because I will eat if it I bought it. I am single so that helps. Good luck!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    How much water do you drink? I admit, I don't drink as much water as I should, but when I am dilligent about it, it does help keep me full between meals. Not only does the water itself help keep you feeling full, it will get rid of the dehydration symptoms which are often mistaken for hunger pains.

Also, chew a minty gum that would basically ruin the flavor of anything should you try to eat when you shouldn't.:tongue:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you changed your diet? I did this a lot in the beginning. I find now that if I crave something, I eat it, but only a serving or a few bites. Last night I wanted a blizzard from dq so I went and got a small and split it with my mom. What you can do to help these cravings is drink a big glass of water, and while you're drinking, try to figure out what your craving is for. Then, go get the food, measure out a serving, and then put the rest away. Take your food and leave the kitchen, then enjoy your treat! The problem comes when you hang around the kitchen...:happy:

Good luck and you can do it!! Don't let the food win! You are better than your cravings!!
  • JaneAusten
    JaneAusten Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you changed your diet? I did this a lot in the beginning. I find now that if I crave something, I eat it, but only a serving or a few bites. Last night I wanted a blizzard from dq so I went and got a small and split it with my mom. What you can do to help these cravings is drink a big glass of water, and while you're drinking, try to figure out what your craving is for. Then, go get the food, measure out a serving, and then put the rest away. Take your food and leave the kitchen, then enjoy your treat! The problem comes when you hang around the kitchen...:happy:

Good luck and you can do it!! Don't let the food win! You are better than your cravings!!

What she said! Give in to your craving, but just a little, and log it before you eat it. 10 potato chips are 100 calories, a whole bag is zillions.
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    For me, drinking water helps a LOT. And I just don't even buy anything that I know I'm going to binge on anymore. No more chips, pretzels, ice cream, candy, basically anything fat laden, in my house! It just gets too tempting.

If I want chips? I get a small, single-serve bag. Ice cream? A vanilla cone from McDonald's. Candy, I just try to skip entirely, haha.

But really, on days where I get my full 8 glasses in, I notice that I eat way less and I don't even miss it. Proper hydration is SO important when you're trying to get healthy!

Good luck! Hope this was helpful. :drinker: <-- water, haha.
  • euphoria11
    euphoria11 Posts: 49
    Options
    Protein and Fiber... I hear those two are key.
    And I agree... I can COMPLETELY tell the difference when I have eaten fiber packed foods opposed to foods without.
    Also, when I start to feel like that, I will add peanut butter to whatever I eat. To me, it is the perfect sweet to cut cravings. I love pb, and in moderation it is good for you. Add it to your apples, or celery, or whatever you choose to snack on. Or try some dark chocolate. Another good snack are blue diamond almonds. They come in a variety of flavors... I love the chili with lime! Yum!

Definitely don't ignore cravings... because you don't want to over indulge later.

Good luck... it is hard to beat the hunger! Just keep at it and don't give up! :happy:
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I wish I did. I wanna sit and stuff my face all day, and most of the time, I'm not even hungry! I about have to staple my pants to the couch to stay away from the kitchen! :grumble:
  • pinguita20
    Options
    I feel like that on my days off from work. I try to keep myself busy. Also, I have started using the treadmill, while on it, I think of the dessert I had last night. It was delicious but I am now having to exercise a little more...You can also put a picture of yourself on the refrigerator door as a reminder of why you should walk away from the kitchen. It's difficult, but it can be done. We are all there with you :smile:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I feel like that on my days off from work. I try to keep myself busy. Also, I have started using the treadmill, while on it, I think of the dessert I had last night. It was delicious but I am now having to exercise a little more...You can also put a picture of yourself on the refrigerator door as a reminder of why you should walk away from the kitchen. It's difficult, but it can be done. We are all there with you :smile:

i like that, its like aversion therapy!!
  • bndc226
    bndc226 Posts: 9
    Options
    I would definitely have to say water is the key. I can tell a BIG difference on days when I drink lots of water versus days where I don't have as much and drink a soda instead.

Like yesterday I ate more healthy (water makes me wanna do that, it makes me feel clean, lol), and was drinking water all day.

Today I had a diet coke with lunch, but had chicken from chick-fil-a. My excuse for that? I put my chicken on a salad, but then ruined it with ranch. I blame it on the diet coke. :blushing:
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I take a fiber supplement to make sure I get enought fiber and it keeps me regular(TMI sorry). I get it from GNC. All that it is is a concetrated fiber in a gelcap. It keeps me full. Between that and my water I am never hungry. I'm not saying that you need to take a supplement just raise your fiber intake and see if that works.

If I get a craving for something and I see it is not going to go away I will not fix a full serving I will try to take a bite just to get the taste of it so I know I fed the craving and that helps me.
  • palfitness
    Options
    eat an apple before every meal, it'll make you feel more full and help satisfy most of your sweet cravings!
  • jeanns
    jeanns Posts: 58
    Options
    Protein and Fiber... I hear those two are key.
    And I agree... I can COMPLETELY tell the difference when I have eaten fiber packed foods opposed to foods without.
    Also, when I start to feel like that, I will add peanut butter to whatever I eat. To me, it is the perfect sweet to cut cravings. I love pb, and in moderation it is good for you. Add it to your apples, or celery, or whatever you choose to snack on. Or try some dark chocolate. Another good snack are blue diamond almonds. They come in a variety of flavors... I love the chili with lime! Yum!

Definitely don't ignore cravings... because you don't want to over indulge later.

Good luck... it is hard to beat the hunger! Just keep at it and don't give up! :happy:

What kind of PB do you use? I love the crappy peanut butters (like Jif) and can't find a good one that doens't have a whole bunch of junk added to it, so I just gave it up.