Wanting to shed 10-15 lbs and tone, in need of motvation and

Options
I started using this site about a year ago but was not very dedicated, but I am trying to change that and work on my fitness goals. Last summer I was 130lbs and got down to 120, ran a half marathon and used the slow carb diet. I was very excited with meeting my goals but then lost my motivation and have reached 135-140 recently. UGH. I ride my bike to work SOMETIMES, and have not went on a run in about 4 months and I am afraid at how poorley I will do. I feel hungry all the time and it's hard to find healthy filling foods. I would really appreciate some MFP friends to get that motivation back and help others do the same! I am 5'4, 25, and 132 lbs as of today, my new goal is 5'4, 25, and 120 lbs, is that realistic?

Replies

• omgsplendid
    Options
    We have nearly the same stats! :) I'm 5'4, currently about 128 pounds (on average, my weight fluctuates heaps), and my goal weight is 110/115.

I'm waiting for a couple of Jillian Michaels DVDs to arrive in the mail, including the 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, and 6 Week Six-Pack. I needed workouts that don't take up too much time because I work a forty hour week on top of responsibilities. With no solid transportation (metro rail) and my work schedule typically having me get off around 11 PM, it's hard to fit a gym in, so I figured I would try out a couple at home workouts until I can afford a machine.

I also went vegetarian a week ago in an effort to help weight loss and cut down dessert to once a week. No visibile results yet.
  • jessann87
    jessann87 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    :) Awesome! I hear ya on the fluctuating weight, I feel like it changes so much It's hard to weigh in everyday.
    I really hope the home workouts work out for you, I have a hard time staying focused on those but I have a pilates one that I LOVE and use quite often. I'm working two part time jobs right now 40+ a week so I understand the whole trying to find time thing. Thankfully One of my jobs is at a tennis club with a small gym, yet I still have a hard time not wanting to go home after work and just sleep! I also recently purchased a bike and started biking back and forth to one of my jobs, 40 minutes of calorie burning when i work those nights! again, motivation to do it is hard.
    it was hard for me to lose the weight the first time I did , especially with the slow carb diet, very limiting but it did work. probably won't go the same route again. or at least not yet.
    was weight loss the only reason you decided to go vegetarian?
  • jenn5686
    jenn5686 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started using this site about a year ago but was not very dedicated, but I am trying to change that and work on my fitness goals. Last summer I was 130lbs and got down to 120, ran a half marathon and used the slow carb diet. I was very excited with meeting my goals but then lost my motivation and have reached 135-140 recently. UGH. I ride my bike to work SOMETIMES, and have not went on a run in about 4 months and I am afraid at how poorley I will do. I feel hungry all the time and it's hard to find healthy filling foods. I would really appreciate some MFP friends to get that motivation back and help others do the same! I am 5'4, 25, and 132 lbs as of today, my new goal is 5'4, 25, and 120 lbs, is that realistic?

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I'm 25, I was in the best shape of my life 2 years ago, but due to lack of time and love of food I gained 22 lbs over 2 years. UGH. My happy weight is in the 125-130 range and I just want to get back to that. 2 years ago I was 118 and I know that is on the low end for me and would take extreme dedication to maintain, so really I'm happy getting just under 130. Joining this website was SUCH an eye opener for me b/c I realized that I totally underestimated the calories I was eating. I must have been eating close to 3,000 calories several days a week. Now MFP has me on 1,200 and I eat back my exercise calories. I've also been eating low carb (no bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, grains, etc.) for the past 2 weeks and that has been helping as well. I feel less bloated, I have more energy, and I just overall feel happy because I really think I can stick with this. I'm the maid of honor in my best friend's wedding on March 30th and I'm really hoping to be at least 5 lbs lighter by then. I've been working out almost every night alternating between Tae Bo and Jillian Michaels.

Good luck girls :)