diet pills???

Options
do any of yall tae any kind of diet pills? if so what kind and do they help???

Replies

• jjmaag
    jjmaag Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I take OxyElitePro, the reviews are good and bad online about it. From my personal experience they're great, if you're sensitive to caffeine I would not suggest taking them, i'm a caffeine addict and they keep me super awake during work and after so i have energy to go the gym and i cut back on a lot of soda and coffee intake on them. They're a thermogenic so when you do cardio you literally feel like you're burning it off because you sweat SO MUCH! As far as weight loss goes I've lost about 10 lbs in 2-3 weeks while taking them and dieting extremely well and exercising everyday!
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do it. Those things will kill you.
  • jgirl09
    Options
    I just started taking Hydroxycut Max! for Women but I won't know any results till Wednesday (my weigh in day).
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    My friend is a cardiologist and tells me countless stories of young women that develop issues because of pills. So drugs are bad hmmm k?
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even consider any of the over-the-counter products.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I tired capsiplex and it worked at first, then I thought I got a bad batch as they really seemed to burn as soon as i put them on tongue, they are meant to be coated as contains capsicum that you find in chilli's and i got such severe heartburn it made me sick. so rest of bottle ended up in bin as ebay seller disappeared so I suspect they weren't genuine.

But by that time I had managed to build up the amount of time I could exercise and have still managed to lose weight without them.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even consider them.

There are far too many terrible side effects (yes, I realize a lot of drugs have bad side effects).

They may make you lose weight quicker but most people gain it all back plus some when they stop. You can't expect to take them forever. Also, fast weight loss is not healthy. Anything between 0.5 - 2 lbs per week is healthy weight loss.
  • nanny2mommie
    Options
    Thanks for the advice... I will just do it the all natural way and make it the best I can...
  • future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I use thermofit.... its ALL NATURAL no caffeine, chemicals etc. Works awesome. Message me if you want to know more. I've lost 70 lbs ... proof in the number.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Diet pills either raise your metabolism or heart rate-you can do both without them and much more safely.
  • Bpothik13
    Bpothik13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I take 1 DB Overdrive...it is pricey, but I like it...doesnt make me jittery and stifles my appetite. I am modifying my diet and exercising more, so I don't really know how well it might be working.

I am concerned about the side effects (it does raise blood pressure) and the fact that they suggest not taking it if you are on ANY kind of meds (which I am not, thank god). So, once this bottle is empty, I am going to try and go it without.

All in all, I think that it is important to remember that there is no magic pill and none of them will work without proper diet and exercise. I am speaking from experience on that one for sure!

Best of luck with whatever choice you make!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The other problem is, there is no scientific evidence that diet pills are the item producing the results but rather the calorie deficit and exercise. Essentially, it's throwing money down the drain. For those who question is. Try a few months without the pills and you should see the same results.
  • ClubbT
    Options
    bump.... I want to follow this thread
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing recently too. I'm not looking for a pill to do all the work for me. I just want something to assist my diet and exercise and curb my appetite a bit...
  • lisaf2
    lisaf2 Posts: 10
    Options
    I used to take some, I forget the name now... but my body definitely did not agree with it. It gave me the jitters, as well as light headed feelings and headaches. It also made me restless at night. I wouldn't recommend diet pills.... adding something to your body that isn't natural isn't going to help, or help sustain over a long period of time. Anyways, thats just my opinion:) I feel like your money would be better spent going to a nutritionist or something, and figure out a way to tailor your diet so you feel full that way.
  • future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I take thermofit..... ive lost 70 lbs..... i love them... lots of energy and all natural. let me know if you want to know where to find them!
  • MsBeautifullOne
    MsBeautifullOne Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I take a all natural supplement also....
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I used them when I was younger. It's unhealthy and unsustainable weight loss, and they made me a little bit unstable (read: frightening). I'm just gonna stick with diet and exercise this time around.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    do any of yall tae any kind of diet pills? if so what kind and do they help???

My experience is that diet pills may work, but like any thing else as soon as you stop taking them you put the weight back on. I took them for a while, and then I used the rest of them as a paper weight.