park run anyone?

Options
I am considering joining my local park run at the weekend. Has anyone been to one? For those who don't know what I'm talking about - it's a free timed weekly 5K. A great opportunity to set a goal or to do some shorter faster runs.
Any thoughts?

Replies

• ceejay3101
    ceejay3101 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Never done one personally Jo, running is not my thing though I would love to but know my son and daughter in law do them regularly on Anglesey where they live, Sarah's quote *most are good fun but you get those who take it far to seriously who dont even acknowledge you* so I would guess its the same everywhere :-)
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Basingstoke park runner reporting in. Although i havent done one since i started marathon training. The great thing about parkrun, is that there are people who run from the range of about 14 minutes through to 40+ . Theres a guy at ours who walks round, with the odd bit of slow jogging, he's pretty obese but has lost a lot of weight and never used to run. I have infinite respect for this person.

TL:DR accessible for everyone, join us!
  • JoBfit4life
    Options
    Thanks for that! I am a little wary of those who take it all very seriously! I will just try to keep out of their way and do my own thing!
  • loosetorideagain
    loosetorideagain Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    They do them where I live but they are on a Saturday morning at 9am and I am always with my horses at this time so it's not possible for me to do them, but I hear they are very good.

Hope it works for you.

Good luck xx
  • JoBfit4life
    Options
    Yes ours is a Saturday morning at 9am too. I usually like to lounge around a bit and enjoy not doing the school run!!
    I am still debating whether to do it or not!