Kindle Fire or iPad?

Options
2»

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    of course if i cud afford it i wud get an ipad but its seems so pricey. i shall wait and see what happens. my mom offered me her ipad 1 (no camera) but hey beggars are not choosers :)
  • wvbuckeye
    Options
    Wait on the new ipad 3. It comes out in the middle of March probably. Wife has a kindle and i have the ipad2. you can download the kindle app on the ipad.
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    iPad. But wait for the iPad3
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    iPad. But wait til March when the new one comes out.
  • lissamok
    Options
    I have the iPad and my co-worker has the Kindle Fire. Honestly, the iPad is better because of the app options made available to Apple users--hands down a better selection for your various needs. A common complaint before was that the iPad doesn't play Flash files, but you can download browsers that take care of that problem for you. You have a better range of uses for the iPad and you aren't limited to what Amazon can offer you.

The Fire is cheaper, the quality of the screen is rather comparable, but the iPad's touch sensitivity is much better. Many people purchased the Fire because the Amazon Prime membership included with the Fire made it a better deal (not all of them, but many people I know).

Also, the iPad 2 is lighter than the Fire. I didn't do a spec comparison, but it certain feels that way. I would wait until the iPad 3 comes out and if you are still interested in the iPad, just buy the iPad 2. When the 3 is out, the 2 should be 100 dollars cheaper, if history repeats itself. I recall the iPad 1 was 100 cheaper when the 2 came out.
  • chrissyv1024
    chrissyv1024 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i actually posted about the fire on my fb.. someone brought up the nook.. the ipad isn't even on my radar.. good luck! :huh:
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Unless the iPad does something the Fire can't do, I would go with the fire.

JM
  • MommyLyssa
    Options
    We (my husband and I) have an iPad (mainly his- but I steal it sometimes). We LOVE it. It is great for just about everything. He has all his management stuff on it, and I find it very easy to use the web on it. And actually- the pictures it takes are amazing and incredibly clear!
  • nolachick
    Options
    so my dad offered to get me the ipad...i feel so guilty to accept such an expensive gift. maybe if i put up half i won't feel so guilty? hmmmm
  • nolachick
    Options
    UPDATE: i got my kindle fire and just LOVE IT! even with a protection plans + cute accessories I still haven't spent as much as I would have on an IPAD. if you want something simple, portable and don't need a camera this is awesome! i use it to browse the web and watch youtube, netflix, hulu, etc. very happy ")
  • JohnFox27thCentury
    Options
    The New IPAD, or (Jailbroken) Nook Color :)
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I love my Kindle Fire!! Best Christmas gift I ever got (:
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I'm still torn on what to buy.
    I have the money for an iPad but I kinda want the Fire because I have Prime membership. I'd be getting an iPad 2 though, if I did end up going that way, not the 3. Ahhhhh I just don't know!!
    You guys decide for me!
  • CandaceyD
    CandaceyD Posts: 74
    Options
    I wish people would stop comparing them. They're not really intended for the same thing. An IPad is basically a flat computer. A Kindle Fire is Amazon's portable Amazon store and media player. You can do some of the same things on them, but an IPad is meant to o anything you can on your laptop. A Kindle is meant to let you use media(music, videos, books) or surf CASUALLY on the go. I like the Fire. We bought one for my mother. She can surf, read books or listen to music, but really just plays games. The IPAD, which i don't use because i'm against Apple, is like the Macbook AIR. If you're not into Mac, then don't get it. If you want a computer, don't get the Kindle. You'll be horribly disappointed.
  • Cmh1211
    Cmh1211 Posts: 104
    Options
    i have both... they are both great but i think the kindle fire is best bang for ur buck. it does all the same stuff and cost less. plus the kindle fire is smaller ehich to me was smart of them because its easier to carry around.

ipad 2 has been getting a lot of complaints of it being too delicate and screens breaking look it up. atleast 4 ppl i know have broken ipad 2's and no one i have met has told me of the ipad1 breaking. gl

btw. this info is coming from an apple *kitten*.... lol everything i own is apple
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    i have both... they are both great but i think the kindle fire is best bang for ur buck. it does all the same stuff and cost less. plus the kindle fire is smaller ehich to me was smart of them because its easier to carry around.

ipad 2 has been getting a lot of complaints of it being too delicate and screens breaking look it up. atleast 4 ppl i know have broken ipad 2's and no one i have met has told me of the ipad1 breaking. gl

btw. this info is coming from an apple *kitten*.... lol everything i own is apple

Well considering I have Amazon Prime membership and 99% of my online shopping is through them....now I'm leaning toward the Fire.
    I am so indecisive about things....sorry and thanks for everyone's input. :flowerforyou:
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Although I'm not a fan of Apple... but it depends on what kinda functions you need it for...

maybe you should go for Galaxy Tab 10.1? :bigsmile:
  • Redapplecandie
    Redapplecandie Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm in the market for a new e-reader. I currently have a Kobo and it's pretty awesome.

I am leaning towards the Kobo Touch. I thought about the Kobo Vox (like the Kindle Fire) but not sure I want the color screen, since it will be mostly used for reading.

I have an iPhone for the rest of the crap like apps and such.

Still undecided though.