Walk or Run?

Options

Replies

• DisneyMommy
    Options
    I started out as a walker. I did many 1/2 and several full marathons as a walker. Now that I've lost weight I am a runner and do my races running rather than walking. I say whatever gets you moving, that is the way to go. :)
  • PeeTeePee
    PeeTeePee Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters, they both burn about the same calories for the distance covered, it's just that running is quicker. Me? Walk!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I do both.

Went for a 3 mile run (and made DH go with me) this morning, then came home and went for a 3 mile walk (pushing my 2 year old in the stroller).

I like the higher calorie burn of running, but actually enjoy walking more.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm on week 3 of C25K, so I'm doing a little of both.
    But in general, I prefer to run because I have a hard time walking at a pace that keeps my heart rate up and does any good. It's too easy for me to get lost in my thoughts and suddenly discover I'm not really walking, I'm just strolling.
  • azazelrabbit
    Options
    walkwalkwalkwalkwalkwalkwalkwalk.

Running buggers my knees and shins :(

Besides, walking exercises more parts of your body. Running does legs, walking (especially hills) improves your legs, bum and core (tummy) strength, and your arms if you swing 'em!

I have a big hill next to my house. I walk up there as often as possible, it takes me an hour from and back to my house and I burn 400 - 500 cals in that time. Great exercise because it's steep and the view is great :)
  • Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Walk id love to run but my three year old can't keep up!
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Run! Although I do like to go for a long leisurely walk as well.
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    For me, run! But even if you have to crawl, getting up and moving is better than sitting on your butt doing nothing.
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: RUN!! :heart: :heart:
  • Rokwell
    Rokwell Posts: 143
    Options
    BOTH
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Both!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Walk, run, bike, swim...
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Depends on my mood. Though I :heart: jogging before walking.
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Power walk
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Run till you feel like you are gonna fall over and die.... then walk :)
    this
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I am hell of a power walker but have now graduated to running. I can now do an hour non-stop (of course towards the end I'm jello) and this has been the greatest accomplishment thus far.. well that and completing P90x.

Today is running day actually! I get excited every time.. :heart:
  • GetOnIT2012
    Options
    walk, for now. Want to start running but worried about all the jiggle as well. Maybe more Run, less Jiggle soon, mmmm.
  • tay_913
    tay_913 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I do intervals....walk a minute, run a minute. I dream of being able to run for longer but right now that's not happening!
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I walk/jog at a little over 4mph. I haven't really figured out how to breathe when I run to do it more.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Run. Any day and twice on Sunday.

Come to think of it, twice on any other day as well :) Love me some running!