*** Runners' Team * 50+ and 100+ Miles in March *

Options
Hi Again :smile: , and Welcome to our:

*** Runners' Team * 50+ and 100+ Miles in March Challenge *

We survived February, ready for another round for March? -- feel free to join us again OR now!

*** Checking-in/Joining:

To join, simply let us know your goal mileage, then check-in periodically, reporting your total mileage and what you have done for the day, or if you have a race coming up!

Example Check-in report throughout the month:

"I ran 5 miles today, I have run a total of 57 miles for the month! (:"

If you like a mileage ticker, here is a "how to thread" describing how to set up and update your ticker:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/413332-runners-team-s-howtos

*** Where to post:

In this (A) thread or in the (B) group check-in thread below with appropriate end date (or both A and B).
A. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/507880--runners-team-50-and-100-miles-in-march
B. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/660-runners-team-challenge-x-miles-in-a-month

*** When and Frequency:

We will have check-ins at least once a week on Sundays (see dates on spread sheet). So it would be good to get updates
- at least once weekly on or before Sunday.

Feel free to update us more because is fun to hear from you and what you are accomplishing - and your updates helps us keep inspired too.

*** Spreadsheet:

We will check point your progress within this thread, and with a spreadsheet snapshot below. This spread sheet will change and refresh as March progresses.

*** Runners' Team Challenge Group:

We got a group - it is a bit easier to tally mileage from there, but it seems like most of us likes a big thread in the main forum for updates and progress - so we are doing both! [both places will be checked when updating the spread sheet].

*** Spread Sheet & Trophy & Legend:

2012-Mar-Check.PNG
2012-Legend.PNG
2012-March-Trophy.PNG

Replies

• MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    So glad you are continuing this, yay!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    MissFit0101 said:

So glad you are continuing this, yay!

So happy that you are GAME!!! game ON!! I am increasing my mileage this month - ! going UP!!
  • jeffrey2584
    jeffrey2584 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    thanks for maintaining this... :)
  • gorunjogger
    Options
    Thanks!!! You rock!!!
  • trlrnrgrl
    Options
    I just started a few days ago and caught the tail end of Feb. But it was fun and I'm in for another 50. I'm training for my first 50k, so this will help keep me going. Thanks for doing it!
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Thanks for getting this organized!!!
  • meeaham
    meeaham Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Thanks Cooriander for getting March set up! I'm in for 100 miles again! =)
  • AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Just what I am looking for - so glad to have found you. My goal for March is 50 miles!
    Thanks!
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I love this challange...it is such a great motivator!

Thanks for doing this, again....:flowerforyou:

I am upping my mileage...Please put me down for 130 miles....
  • fbuschur
    Options
    OK - I want to come back and will do better this month!! I'm training for a Duathlon and doing a fair bit of cycling too so I will stick to 50 miles.... and maybe I'll blow myself away...................
  • batlou
    batlou Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Put me down for 100! I am only scheduled to run 86 so I figure what's another 14, no big deal, right?
  • dsharpie
    Options
    I am new this month. I would love to join. I did 66 miles for February and plan to do 79 in March.
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I am so glad someone is doing this. I was a part of a challenge last month for 100 milles but people were walking/biking/hiking even dancing and calculating it into miles. I did my 100 miles running but this new challange is perfect for me! I think seeing that everyone is doing the same activity will help inspire me more. My goal is 100 again this month!
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Yeay thanks for doing this again!! Put me down for 125 this time:)
  • shellyb2017
    shellyb2017 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thanks for keeping us on track! I'm in for March for 60 miles.
  • kathleen2001
    Options
    Put me down for 50 in March! Thanks, this was/is so motivating!
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Thank you for doing this again, my goal for March will be 75 miles!

Ken
  • Leah5449
    Leah5449 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is my first post on MFP! I would love to join this challenge... I am training for my first full marathon at the end of April. My February total was 127 (as long as I do my run this afternoon!). In March I would like to run 140.

Holy smokes, 140!!!!
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    No less than 50 :) Oh and this is awesome by the way, thanks!!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Wow big team this time around! Welcome everyone!!!