New to my fitness pal

Options
Hi there I'm new to this thing a great friend told me about it! The reason for me being here is obviously my weight I need to gain control of my life and not let food consume me I need to be a healthier person for my self and my a
Amazing husband eventually we want to have children and if I am the weight I'm at then if I ever do get pregnant I'll never be able to play with them the way my husband can so I need to do this for my self and the future. How ever I have a issue I tend to start all these diets and quit because I get to disscouraged I have even seriously considered the gastric bypass . But what I need from you all is the boost encouragement and most of all friendship. Thank you talk to you soon.

Replies

• misswallie2u
    misswallie2u Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Hollie. I've been on this site a little over a week but, decided to make my lifestyle change back in Jan. I have a a lot of weight to lose and it will take a long time to get where I want to be but, I'm going to do it no matter what! I'm just taking it a day at a time and when I fall, I get back up and keep going!

so, I know if I can do this anyone can!!!
    You can do this and there is a ton of people on this site for support!

you can add me if you like.

have a great day!

Hollie
  • SmileyGirl4
    SmileyGirl4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi there!! My friend recommended this website to me so I decided to give it a try. After having 2 kids the excess weight just doesn't want to go away so today is the day that I start my journey to lose the weight and get in shape.

You can add me as a friend and we can motivate each other to attain our fitness goals.

Have a wonderful day!!
  • debsl8
    debsl8 Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi and welcome, please feel free to add me as a friend. I have been on here since 9th jan and so far so good. The ppl on here are so friendly and supportive. Please give it a good go before u consider any type of surgery. I have lost 23 lbs to date but still have a long way to go however I believe I CAN do this and so can you. Good luck :-)
  • CMITCHELL2487
    Options
    HI IM NEW TO THIS JUST STARTED IT TODAY I NEED SOME FRIENDS AND MOTIVATION. I HAVE A GOAL OF THIRTY PUNDS IN THREE MONTHS I HOPE IT WORKS.
  • ekim724
    ekim724 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP
  • visions845
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I am new to the site. I am on a journey into getting fit. I sure hope I can inspire others to embark onto this chapter in your life. A wise person once told me: it takes 21days to form a habit. if you fall of the wagon, start again. But don't give up. The movement is now into getting fit and Healthy and if you are ready for it you will succeed. follow me if you like...:-)
  • visions845
    Options
    Hi, as I read your words, the in between words I felt a caring person willing to make the change. I know you will succeed.
    ~ Remember 21days to form a habit. :-)
  • sassy0507
    Options
    hi everyone! i have been on MFP since about the 2nd week of Jan... any of you guys can add me as a friend if you like...i may not can help a bunch but i'll sure help as much as i can... :happy:
  • nicholelm
    Options
    Hello! New as well! 21 days to form a habit? I've got 10lbs to lose and a bit of muscle to gain. Hardest part for me is the carbs....so delicious
  • cm1985
    cm1985 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel i already have one daughter but my pregnancy didnt go so well, but thank God she is Fine, I too want to have another baby, but I do not want to go through that scare again. I was diagnosed with Gestational HIGH blood pressure, and she is almost 3 and I still have the high blood pressure! :( Dont be discouraged!! We can all do this together!
  • DavesKitten
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I am also new, been here for only a week! I am loving it!
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I joined in Dec. and am glad that I have. I am losing on average about 2 lbs a week. Some weeks I've lost up to 5 lbs. Just remember this is a lifestyle change and not just a diet. I wish that I had lost my weight sooner, I may have been able to have children.
  • visions845
    Options
    21days to form a habit of fitness and healthiness. If you are consistent; on your 21day you will see a change. this change will motivate you to continue on your journey to fitness and habit that will be a permanent part of you..
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me.
  • nkosky
    nkosky Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi!! This is a great site! My virtual friends are sooo motivating and encouraging!! I spend more time on MFP than on FB with people I actually know!! Feel free to add me as a friend!! Nan
  • TwtyMami35
    Options
    I hear ya, friend! I have done the rollercoaster thing with my weight more than I can count. This year is definitely my year! I have to say the support and encouragement from MFP buddies helps!!! Motivation and inspiration go a long way! Please feel free to add me TwtyMami35...let's achieve our goals together! We can do this!!
  • JENJEN2011
    JENJEN2011 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me. I was referred by my dietician to MFP. It really helps me by opening my eyes to what i am putting in my body. The motivation from all my pals is awesome too :)
  • esteelewis
    esteelewis Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am also new. I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. I always do great a couple weeks then bad a couple weeks. I am trying to make a permanent change and commit to a healthy lifestyle.

If anyone wants some motivation/support and is willing to provide the same please feel free to add me!