Why are we crazy about dogs? SAD

Replies

• Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    I am so sorry for the loss of your family member. That was an amazing story, and makes appreciate my little four legged love of my life (everyday)
  • neversettle
    neversettle Posts: 168 Member
    im so sorry for the loss of your cherished friend.
    this story made me cry my eyes out!
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    much love, support and prayers to your family. I am sorry for your loss. :heart:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Not gonna lie, this totally made me cry. So sorry for your loss!
  • Thank you so much for sharing this...I am going to hug my pooches a little tighter when I get home from work tonight, and play frisbee with them a little longer. I am grateful your wife had such a beautiful relationship with her dog, and you have such a wonderful appreciation for it.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    I've owned two dogs since I became an adult. I had to put the first one down about 5 years ago and it was the hardest decision I've ever had to make. She was my constant companion and my rock during some hard times. She was a chocolate lab and pretty as good be.
    The second one we got from the SPCA almost 4 years ago - she's a lab/pit bull mix and the sweetest thing. She doesn't listen well (oh, she hears fine, but chooses when to pay attention), she's had some medical issues that have cost us thousands of dollars, she has practically kicked my wife out of the bed, she gets fur all over the place, she pulls on the leash to lick kids' faces and play with other dogs. She also is so loving and funny and a wonderful addition to our family.
    I'm so sorry for you and your wife's loss. Dogs are amazing creatures and certainly earned the title of "Man's (woman's) best friend". I hope your family can find comfort in the memories of the love your beloved friend gave. There's a great poem called "The Rainbow Bridge" that speaks to what it means to lose:
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
  • tnorth82
    tnorth82 Posts: 186
    they become part of the family, at that age and being by your side for that many years!
    Im so sorry for the loss in your family, Im hope your wife can treasure the memories she has of her faithful pal.

....sobs again :cry:
  • colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    Beautiful story in your dog's memory. You should print and frame it.

So sorry for your wife's loss of a dear friend. :( They always wiggle their ways into the deepest parts of our hearts.
  • kristypie
    kristypie Posts: 102 Member
    Please let your wife know that my thoughts are with her. I'm sorry for your loss. Your story spoke to my heart as I read it with my sweet dog napping next to me. Again, my symapthies.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    That's a sad but beautiful story. I had a dog that outlasted 2 husbands (divorce, not death). The day I had to call to have a vet come to the house to put him down was one of the saddest I can remember. The vet couldn't come for 5 hours. We had one last afternoon in the back yard. The sun was perfect and warm and we just sat out there. I made him a pan of brownies (can't hurt at that point, right?).

I was so upset when the vet said he'd take so long, but in the end, I'm glad we had that last day together. He was the best dog ever, in my eyes.

Thanks for sharing.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,339 Member
    I didn't need to start crying this late in the afternoon.

I know I love my pootch, she's my best friend.

Hug your wife extra tight tonight, she needs it.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Totally agree!

Totally crying...
  • LelliAmi
    LelliAmi Posts: 327 Member
    TT^TT so saaaaaadd!! I can't imagine living without my dog. He's my best friend. I love him so much. I can't imagine what your wife is going through right now. Sorry for your loss.
  • lucentabella
    lucentabella Posts: 114 Member
    I couldn't imagine my life without my dog. I rescued her just over a year ago. She is an APBT (pit bull mix). She thinks she's a lap dog. She is the kindest, most loyal, loving and goofy personality I've ever met. She never ceases to amaze me at her ability to understand me, learn new commands, and know my mood. I tell people, I swear, she picked me as her owner. We are a pretty perfect match. I hope your wife is able to find that special kind of companionship again.
  • People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life...like loving everyone and being kind. Dogs already know how to do all that, so they don't have to stay as long...

I love this. I will have to remember it when my baby's time comes.

I totally cried. I am so so sorry for your wife's loss. I love my dog to pieces. He's small but he's got a huge heart. While he sometimes catches an attitude (he's my dog, duh!) and can be a little *kitten* peeing on my floorboards and stealing my socks, he's always there when I need him. So smart and so loving. I can only hope he knows how much we love him.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    well on a lighter note, thanks for making me cry like a baby at work... Your story was heartwarming and yet heartbreaking.... They love us unconditionally, they are our family and we love them with our entire being.... I would say if he didn't bite you, he liked you a little bit.... My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife as she mourns her loved one...
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    So sorry to read about the loss of the dog but it was so well loved.

We love them casue they love us unconditionally..
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Made me cry!! My condolences to your wife and you as well...LOL! Im a proud of owner of 6 dogs! Most of them rescued not pure bred but they are my FAMILY and I treat them like my children!
  • This is so sweet and made me cry. My family dog was 13 and couldn't move anymore when we decided to put her down. She had reverse asthma, couldn't walk well, or anything else. She passed the day before we had scheduled to put her down. I, as your wife is I'm sure, glad our loved ones chose to go on their own.
  • thoshowski
    thoshowski Posts: 135 Member
    I had to email this to my boyfriend. My condolences to your wife. I am dreading the day my dog, whom I love dearly needs to go to Doggy Heaven. He is only 8 now and I have only had him for 3 years and we have had a few scares.