What are your goals other than just weight loss?

Options
What other goals do you have for yourself? (Fitness goals, food goals, any kind that might relate to your weight loss)

One of my goals is to be able to do 1 pull up of my body weight. When I was a kid I was a pro at the monkey bars, now I can barely hold on for more than 10 seconds.

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    My main goal is to increase my general level of awesomeness. So far, it's working. :-)
  • holyguacamole
    holyguacamole Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Want to strengthen my arms and be able to run 10k. Doing the couchto5k running programme and when I'm done I'll work my way up to 10k. Hopefully I'll be entering a local 10k run in the autumn :)
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Currently working on the 100 push-up, 200 squat, 200 sit-up, and 150 dip challenges.

Beyond that, I just want to gain more muscle and reduce body fat to around 10-12%.
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I got tired of being tired ... after only 3 flights of stairs at work. I thought, with all the cardio I had been doing I should be in better shape. Now, after losing weight, eating right and changing my diet, those 3 flights of stairs are no big deal! :) And I'm not done yet!
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Qualify for Kona
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    stay healthy and live a long life with wife and my baby ... and also win the pot at work for losing most lol
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Currently working on the 100 push-up, 200 squat, 200 sit-up, and 150 dip challenges.

Beyond that, I just want to gain more muscle and reduce body fat to around 10-12%.
    Oh yeah, I'm also doing the 100 push-ups challenge. Will be doing the pull-up challenge after that!
  • slrrese
    slrrese Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I want to be in the best shape of my life by 50! :-) This April I turn 49 so I have just over a year to get there.
  • jem33199
    jem33199 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My goals were to get off of my blood pressure medications and the c-pap. And I did! WOO HOO! Now I am in the process of memorizing the Ashtanga Yoga Short Form series so I can do yoga on my own anytime, anywhere. I'm making progress toward this.
  • successiswithinme
    successiswithinme Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    More than weight loss I want to loose inches.
    I am very afraid of getting larger as I get older and I have two less than active parents and I see the helath issues they are having in their senior years and I don't want that to be my future.
  • lucasnjewels
    lucasnjewels Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I want to take back control of my life. I let it get away from me, and so did my weight. I want to be out of the category that puts me at high risk for heart disease because I carry my weight in my mid-section. I want to be healthy.