roasted chick peas

Options

Replies

• LoveHoodies
    Options
    This sounded like a good idea so I found another recipe online for them...

1T lemon concentrate
    1T olive oil
    1t brown sugar
    2t cumin
    1/2t ground corriander
    1/4t cinnamon
    dash of pepper and cayenne to taste
  • MEMoggridge
    MEMoggridge Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bump cos sounds so scrummy!!!!
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Ohh how i love me some roasted chick peas...
  • briarashley
    Options
    ive done these before, a spinkling of chilly and some lime juice for chillie and lime flavor is sooo good!
  • nannyx6
    nannyx6 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am gonna make this tomorrow!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    What a great idea, I've never made my own so I'm going to try now :bigsmile:
  • elsa11170
    elsa11170 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yum! Sounds great! Going to make these tomorrow!
  • irishredgirl70
    irishredgirl70 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Whats the calorie count on this snack? It sounds so yummy!
  • CanadianChic
    Options
    bump thanks!
  • 4littlemonkeys
    Options
    I made mine using a 390g tin (250g of chickpeas, rest is brine) then 1/2 tsp of canola oil and a sprinkle of salt. Works out at 112 cal per serve, a serve being 125g. (102c for chickpeas, 10c for the oil)
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    One of my faves! I like red pepper flakes and sea salt, or I make salt and vinegar chickpeas. Before roasting you boil chickpeas in white vinegar for a few minutes and then let soak for 30 minutes in the vinegar. Drain and let dry before roasting. So freaking good!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Sounds nice. How crunchy is crunchy though? Till they're quite hard, or more like roast potato kind of crunchy?
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Must try this!
  • chubbychristianchick
    Options
    I make both a savory and a sweet version of this... for savory I do chili powder/taco seasoning/garlic/salt/pepper for sweet I do cinnamon a touch of brown sugar/sweetener and a dash of cayenne pepper!
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    mmm this sounds pretty yummy...i love chick peas. i'm normally a weirdo and eat them straight out the can. so i've gotta try this!
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    So I totally FAILED at my first attempt making these... they started jumping off the cookie sheet as they roasted, and my kitchen got all smoky, and it set off the smoke detector!! So I finished them up in a pan on top of the stove, but they weren't crispy. :/

I think next time I'll try putting them in my roasting pan inside the oven, and shutting the lid so they don't jump out! The cookie sheet just did not work for me!! haha.
  • roblow65
    roblow65 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jayanne0907
    jayanne0907 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    JUST MADE THESE... THEY ARE GREAT!! Have been missing salt and vinegar potato chips and this certainly is a wonderful substitute!!
  • tmptina
    tmptina Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Do it! Yummmmm!:drinker: