What is a typical breakfast for you and cal count?

Options

Replies

• YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I make a sandwich with 1 cup spinach wilted, 2 eggs scrambled, 1 slice cheese (usually either swiss or provolone) on two slices of gluten-free bread and coffee. I average around 600 calories for breakfast. I usually go the gym after my son leaves for school so I've found the higher calories and the combo of protein and carbs really helps me.
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Either 0 if I just cannot be botherd to eat or just too tired to. When I do though it's usually around 100 - 200kcal :) and all I do eat in the morning is fruit :P
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I eat on average around 400 calories for breakfast. It is pretty much the same every morning:
    1 Slice Whole Wheat or Whole Grain toast
    0.5 Cups 100% Real Egg Product from Costco
    1 Slice of Uncured Canadian Bacon
    1 Slice of Jalesberg or 0.5 oz Blue Cheese
    16 Oz Non Fat Latte.
    Whatever veggies I have on hand.
    Sometimes I would add 4 oz fresh orange juice and that will get me closer to 500 cals.

I eat it around 7 am and it holds me over to snack time around 10:30 or so.

It is usually my biggest meal of the day.
  • xraygeek
    xraygeek Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Mine is pretty standard, mainly because I am lazy in the mornings. All my breakfasts are 250-300 cals.

Coffee with creamer is a must and the only thing that does not waiver in my routine. Half a cup of greek yogurt, a drizzle of honey, quarter cup of dry old fashioned oats, and either some frozen blueberries or some chopped up roasted almonds. 2 pieces of whole wheat toast (90 cals a piece, so 180 cals total), with 2/3 of a tablespoon of Adam's No-Stir peanut butter. A MuscleMilk Light (150 cals) and a piece of fruit like a clementine. A Nature Valley Honey Oat granola bar. 3/4 cup to a full cup of old fashioned oatmeal, with a teaspoon of butter, teaspoon of brown sugar, and if I'm feeling extra crazy, a teaspoon of peanut butter...yes, I know, I'm a beast.

Nothing super, but it's filling (especially the yogurt and oatmeal) and it keeps me going until lunch.
  • CLTRocks
    CLTRocks Posts: 10
    Options
    My calories is set at 1200, as low as you can go, I only eat about 200 cal for breakfast, cereal and milk or oatmeal and fruit. But to keep your metabolism going you should eat every 2-3 hours-you eat breakfast at 7, have a healthy snack- lowfat yogurt or banana something to eat at 10 so you are not starving at 11. I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks every day-sometimes I feel like I'm eating all the time along with all the water I almost never feel hungry.
  • Chubacca007
    Options
    Mine is approximately 410 calories.

It's usually:

3 eggs (1.5 yolk)
    2 slices of brown bread with peanut butter or margarine on it.
    1-2 cups of skim milk.
  • kmozymoz
    kmozymoz Posts: 187
    Options
    I recently started making this, and it is DELICIOUS. Keeps me full for a long while and full of flavor.

Bread Sara Lee - Soft & Smooth,100% Whole Wheat Bread, 2 slices
    Egg Whites- - 100% Liquid Egg Whites, 3 Tbsp
    Weight Watchers - Singles Cheese Reduced Fat, 1 slice
    Egg, 1 egg
    Jennie-O - Cracked Pepper Turkey Breast, 2 ounces

Altogether it's 340 calories and 34 grams of protein.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast and I love breakfast foods. I usually make one of the hungry girl recipes they are very filling especially the strawberry short stack...its make with whole wheat flour and keeps me full well past noon it has 289 cals 1.75 g fat in two pancakes with filling
    Tomorrow I am having the morning waffle dip it has frozen waffles, American cheese, 1 slice of bacon, 1/2 c egg beaters basically made into a sandwich and dipped in syrup for 299 cals 5g fat

Of course there are my emergency standbys- oatmeal usually instant b/c I am in a hurry or I have boiled eggs
    I try to stay away from just having toast but if I am in a huge hurry toast with honey and Orange juice or
    low sugar cereal with skim milk, a piece of toast and a fruit..... I like to mix it up a lot.
  • Ingadinga
    Ingadinga Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This quote comes to mind when I think about breakfast: "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper"

That being said, I take the time to cook and usually make eggs with a banana.

-2 eggs + 1 eggwhite omelette: Spinach, tomato, Parmesan cheese with a banana and earl grey tea = 412 calories

-fried eggs with vegetables (this case mushrooms and brocolli) and a banana = 350 calories

-Peanut butter open face sandwich with sliced banana = 440 calories

With these meals I barely ever feel starving. I also drink almond milk in the morning and earl grey tea. (40 calories)
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Mfp calories is set to1300 I'm 134 lbs and wanted to see what ppl eat for breakfast and how much calories . I eat about 250 cal peanut butter light multigrain bread string cheese and yogurt at 7 am by 11 am I am starving!!

Not sure how I misse it before, but you at 7 and are starving by 11? I find that fairly easy to believe considering it's four hours later and you've only had 250 cal since your dinner the night before.

I eat that breakfast I described in the first reply at 9am, then a small snack at 10:30am then lunch at noon. Then I typically have about four more snacks between 1:30pm and 5:30pm when I get off work. And my final food of the day is dinner around 7-ish, depending on how long it takes to cook.

And I don't stop eating around 7pm because of any food mythology that says I should. I stop eating at that point so my food has time to settle before I workout.

But yeah, definitely either eat more for breakfast or don't wait so long to eat again.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Mfp calories is set to1300 I'm 134 lbs and wanted to see what ppl eat for breakfast and how much calories . I eat about 250 cal peanut butter light multigrain bread string cheese and yogurt at 7 am by 11 am I am starving!!

Not sure how I misse it before, but you at 7 and are starving by 11? I find that fairly easy to believe considering it's four hours later and you've only had 250 cal since your dinner the night before.

I eat that breakfast I described in the first reply at 9am, then a small snack at 10:30am then lunch at noon. Then I typically have about four more snacks between 1:30pm and 5:30pm when I get off work. And my final food of the day is dinner around 7-ish, depending on how long it takes to cook.

And I don't stop eating around 7pm because of any food mythology that says I should. I stop eating at that point so my food has time to settle before I workout.

But yeah, definitely either eat more for breakfast or don't wait so long to eat again.
    ^^ This. Exactly.

I eat every 3 hours or so, because I'm hungry. Because my body is working and needs fuel to do so. You should be getting hungry! :happy:
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Usually eat around 225 cal cereal (cheerios) with fresh fruit/coffee.
  • Keladry
    Keladry Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Most days I have muesli or porridge with milk or soy milk and cinnamon. If I'm feeling hungry I'll add full fat greek yoghurt and chia seeds but I'm not usually very hungry first thing in the morning, I have to make myself eat. But if I have time I'll have scrambled eggs with tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach, maybe bacon. Or buckwheat pancakes.

So obviously that varies but the minimum would be 1/3 cup of muesli or porridge oats + 1/3 cup milk =210 calories. Plus tea but I don't have milk or sugar with that so no calories.

I have a piece of fruit mid morning before lunch or a coffee if I'm particularly tired, so I'm never really uncomfortably hungry by lunch time.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

I often just have fruit, lunch will be about four hours later. Sometimes I have eggs, either hard boiled or a two egg omelette, that keeps me full until four or five hours later.

Breakfast with eggs is under 200 calories, with just fruit it will be under 100.
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is also my lunch and dinner. I use I.F so i eat about 2500 cal. A whole chicken, 6 eggs, 16 egg whites, bacon, and some veggies.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I either have an Omellete consisting of 3 egg whites, 1 yolk, 1 quorn sausage, 1/4 pepper (red, green or yellow), 1/4 red onion, 2 medium sized mushrooms, about 30ml skimmed milk with 1/4 Heinz Baked Beans (Reduced Sugar and Salt).

That's about:

275 calories
    9g Fat
    28g Carbs
    7g Fiber
    8g Sugar
    50g Protein

Or Coco Pops with about 125ml Skimmed Milk which is less than 100 calories. I have that if I want something quick and easy. I generally try and stay away from sugary food throughout the rest of the day though.

Or 2 Soft Boiled Eggs on 2 small slices of Wholemeal Bread. No butter by the way. Around 250 calories for that.

I usually have a cup of tea with my breakfasts with a bit of skimmed milk.
  • pagham
    pagham Posts: 29
    Options
    I have been having the same breakfast for years although since joining MFP I realised it was edging towards 600 calories! so now have reduced quantity of the actual cereal content and cut out the banana and extra sultanas on the top so now it consists of:

Sultana Bran - 50 g
    Tinned Apricots - 60g
    Reduced Fat Natural Yoghurt - 100g
    0.75cup semi skimmed milk

378 calories
    Carbs 58
    Fat 7
    Protein 16
    Fibre - 7

I love it.
  • NicolaNash
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with having a snack mid morning so don't worry. In fact most diets recommend it, saying eat more meals just lower calories - helps keep your metabolism more stable.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is usually 4-700 calories. I have 2-4 kinds of fruit, eggs and nuts (or a dry nutrigrain whole wheat eggo) for fiber and protein and healthy fat, milk for calcium and sometimes a coffee.

Eat breakfast like a Queen.
    Eat lunch like a Princess.
    Eat dinner like a Pauper.

10036 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Today I had 2 multigrain english muffins with Nutella, 2 clementines, and black coffee, it was about 400 cal. Is this a reasonable thing to have for breakfast? I could probably drop a muffin and add something else instead...I didn't eat breakfast at all for a long time, so I'm trying to find some things to eat that I might actually like in the morning. This thread is helpful. :D