Low Fat Sweet snacks

Options
mickyjg
mickyjg Posts: 49
I have a very sweet tooth and tend to snatch snacks when i can at work as don't always have time for a meal

Can anyone please give me some recipe ideas i can make up and freeze to take to work, such as cake, biscuits , anything really that doesn't need knife, fork or spoon.

thanks

Replies

• RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter Protein Balls: (vegan*, low-glycemic, high-energy, high-protein)
    source: BodyRock.tv
    (makes 3-4 ping pong ball-sized balls)
    32g (1 scoop) Natural Vanilla or Chocolate Protein Powder*
    42g (2 tbs) Honey
    32g (2 tbs) Raw, Natural Peanut Butter (no sugar, salt or oil added; should be very soft)

Directions:
    1. Put the protein powder in a bowl, then the honey and stir
    2. Pour in the peanut butter (creamy PB is easier than chunky)
    3. Stir until everything is incorporated (it takes a while, but if you need more honey or something, add it now)
    4. Add any toppings you want (pictured below)
    4. Roll into balls with your hands, and refrigerate to harden (if you are not eating it immediately)

*to make vegan, use agave nectar instead of honey and vanilla soy protein powder instead of whey

Modifications:
    -You can use dried nonfat milk powder instead of protein powder, but adjust amount to create same texture
    -Add any toppings you want, like slivered almonds, dried fruit, etc.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Try skinnytaste.com
  • eblake111
    eblake111 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love to get Yogurt Trail Mix which usually includes Raisins, Sunflower Kernels, Dried fruit, Yogurt Raisins, Yogurt Peanuts, Roasted Peanuts, etc......I just put the proper serving size in To-Go baggies and put in my purse.
    Typical calories is 130 for a serving and has just the right amount of sweets :) Target has awesome varieties of these mixes too.
  • mrsajcloutier
    Options
    Whats the proper serving size for the yogurt trail mix?
  • Bosbes
    Bosbes Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    dried fruits are really sweet and easy... like mango for example
  • katherinewaters84
    Options
    Fiber one brownies and granola bars r my sweat tooth go to snack, thay are only 90 calaries. And thay cure my sweat tooth. You can find them in th granola bar isle at the store.
  • eblake111
    eblake111 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    The Yogurt Trail mix proper serving size depends on what type you purchase. Most of mine tend to be 1/3 or 1/2 a cup. Here is a link to the different kinds Target has to offer :)

http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=trail+mix&category=0|All|matchallany|all+categories