Shop

Options
Ok, so it's been a week or two now, but this is DEFINITELY one of the biggest goals I've hit. I'm curious how many folks have the same goal, or similar.

For the last 17 years I've had to shop in the "Big Men" section. I KNOW many, many of myfp friends can understand that... 2 weeks ago I did something I wondered if I was ever going to be able to do... I went into a major department store... walked into the NORMAL sized men's clothes and was able to buy clothes. Not only clothes, but clothes that FIT... and once even got annoyed because all they had left in a certain pair of shorts were TOO BIG!

At first I didn't think about it. But when I got finished in that particular department I took two steps out of it. Stopped. Looked in my cart. And proceeded to sob like a baby in the middle of the department store.

Yea. It made all the years of fighting for it, the bouncing weight, the diets, the stuff that didn't work, the depression... all of it was suddenly worth it.

And the jeans were on sale to boot. Best. Day. Ever.

Replies

• Bosbes
    Bosbes Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    nice story!
  • mikituba
    mikituba Posts: 60
    Options
    What a fantastic NSV you have!! It actually made my eyes well up a bit reading it :) Congratulations!
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I love that! I'm celebrating and crying a little right with you. Congratulations!
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!! That is a great victory!!!
  • happyjoyousfree1
    happyjoyousfree1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you and can relate.
    We all can.
    Enjoy wearing all you new duds!.
    I'm sure your going to turn a few heads too!
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    With a tear in my eye & a huge smile on my face that is a lovely story
    Very, Very well done - You should be so, so proud of yourself & they're ain't nothing better than a bargain too - double whammy
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • hate2bheavy
    Options
    What a great experience! Shows that all of your hard work and perseverance paid off! Unbelievable weight loss. Great job :)
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    Fabulous victory! Congratulations!!

11613466.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • katherinemm31
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    That's excellent. Keep up the great work and hold on to that feeling!!
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    That is awesome,I'm reaching for the same goal being able to shop in the "normal" section would be so great for me, your story is very inspiring thanks for sharing!!
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! What a great feeling! All that hard work :)
  • KarenJC2012
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • clang1
    clang1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Sooooo awesome!!! Congrats to you and keep it up!
  • KittyMul
    KittyMul Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    So. Awesome.

Congratulations!
  • bexblonde
    bexblonde Posts: 80
    Options
    That's great! Congratulations :)
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!