Question for those with Natural Hair

Options
NNAhuja
NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
Hi all,
I've been natural for a little over 2 years now and after a childhood of not knowing how to swim because I had a relaxer, I want to learn. Are there any natural hair sistas who swim on MFP. If so, how do you do your hair?

Right now I'm a 4b with a fro.
I guess I should change my profile pic because that was me 15 lbs ago with a weave.

Replies

• MsBrownBeauty
    Options
    I am natural but i don't swim, I would say your best bet is to buy a really good swimmers cap that fits tighly on your head and make sure that all of your hair is secure in the cap. Please do not risk the chance of the chlorine water getting in your hair and always keep it moisturize.
  • Mo_babee
    Mo_babee Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Do not use a swimmers cap alone. They do not work. Just make sure you wet your hair before you get in the pool, that will stop your hair from absorbing the chlorinated water and cover your hair (especially your ends with you oil of choice). If you google it you will get tons of responses but most of them will be along these lines. Hope I helped some.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you wet your hair before you get in the pool, that will stop your hair from absorbing the chlorinated water and cover your hair (especially your ends with you oil of choice).
    I'll try it out with a swimmer's cap.. =]