Personal Trainer - Feel free to add me for advice =)

Options
OK so im a REPS (Register of Exercise Professionals) UK accredites Level 3 Personal Trainer studying in my Second year of a Bs.c. Sport & Exercise Science. Got quite a bit of free time and I wont be workng back as a PT until the end of my third year now. As I wont get chance to do this in person for a while I want to get my thinking cap on and help a few people at the same time. Can review nutrition plans, exercise routines or offer general advice about problems.

Im also looking to reduce my bodyfat from 15% (at 88kg) to 8% in the next two months.

Cheers.

Mike.

Replies

• RCadence
    RCadence Posts: 79
    Options
    Ditto mate, its the hard life of the tubby teenage years. I studied Psychology, Sport and Medicine as a degree and thats totally changed my life, as it looks like it has yours.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you want.

Cheers
  • LouLouUK
    LouLouUK Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for your offer of help and advice!

I'm going to be taking my Level 2 gym instructor course later this month then hopefully onto the Personal Training Level 3!

Any advice at all? Im so excited and revved up for it, but terribly nervous at the same time! :)

Thanks,

Louise
  • texna
    texna Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi just started this week any advise on what I can do to try and get rid of flab around my waist!!! I so threadmill walking/running 40-45 minutes. stationery bike 20 minutes, and using 5 weight machines total hours spent 1:45 minutes at gym. I have been doing this for a year now have lost inches but have a lot of loose skin under me and celluliate on my legs. Any new ideas will help. Thanks!
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    thanks for offering! :)

I'll send you a request. Love having friends who are in the know!

-Amy
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Thanks for offering your time and expertise! I enjoy having "go-to" friends on here who can offer more than just an uninformed opinion. Friend request coming your way!
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Cool stuff! Thanks for offering your input :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the forums! Always good to hear others philosophies and input!

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • VivianRosie
    VivianRosie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am brand new at MFP and would love to lose 50+ lbs. I am finally ready to make the commitment to exercise everyday and logging my food and exercise is so helpful. Would love to become one of your 'projects'. Thanks for reaching out and using your gifts to help others!
  • AbbyHoopi
    AbbyHoopi Posts: 48
    Options
    Any advise is always handy when its coming from a trust worthy source rather than someone who THINKS they know what they are doing!! :) I am trying to lose about 20 lbs and tone up. My stomach is the area i am most concerned about. I know there is no spot reducing fat, but I am sure there are various things I can do to tone up in that area.... any suggestions?!
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    You're the same guy who said "cereal is a killer". To your OP I will say, "No thanks".
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Brief history: 20 lbs lost over the past (almost) year through calorie deficit & mostly cardio.

Current body fat in the low 20s I believe.

I need to drop more body fat (not necessarily a lot of 'weight' at this point). I've upped my calories to 1450 + eat back most exercise calories and have started the New Rules of Lifting for Women program (though I have been slacking as of lately).

I don't do as much cardio as I previously did...right now 1-2 times/week but this will increase as the weather gets warmer and I'll be getting more outside runs in.

Changed my macros to 40-30-30 but am not sticking to this as tightly as I could be.

Based on what I've said...am I on the right path? I know I can't spot reduce but I am so frikkin tired of the fat still around my waist and stomach.

Thanks muchly!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the offer. I could use some advice every once in awhile. I will send an invite as well. Have a great day!
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE some advice.
    Quick intro:
    Uni student, looking to lose 20 pounds by June (for my sisters wedding). I have a very hectic schedule, but I am pretty good about eating healthy!
  • admanMike
    admanMike Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    MIke you rock. Appreciate your offer and i'll hit you up!
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    That is a fabulous offer! Thanks!! And....welcome to MFP!! :glasses:
  • michael300891
    Options
    Hi everybody and thanks for all the adds (Theres been quite a few haha). As I said the in description, I will try to help everyone out but just bear with me as it may take a little time to get back to you. Ive got myself a statistics exam tommorow morning so im heading off for tonight to revise now but Ill be back on tommorow to answer any more questions. Feel free to add me and ask me any questions. To make sure my answers are as useable as possible please let me know what your goals are and a quick summary of your training routine.

Cheers, Mike =)
  • lezell2012
    Options
    Thanks for the offer. I would love extra help and motivation. I'm doing the P90X and extra cardio. I'm focusing on myself as a main priority. I have over 50 lbs to lose. I have been on the P90X for 3 weeks. I have not been on the scale, but I have noticed some inches lost. I have 6 weeks to get in my ski pants, so I'm trying really hard, but not sure if I am going to make it. Anyway, I'm still trying my best.
  • YMark
    YMark Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Im also looking to reduce my bodyfat from 15% (at 88kg) to 8% in the next two months

A "personal trainer" that want to reduce his body fat 7% in two months? Almost 50 percent of your current BF. You should know better than that. If a personal trainer said he could put me on a two month program to reduce my BF from 15% to 8%, I'd tell him he's nuts.
  • michael300891
    Options
    15% bf at 88kg = 13.2kg of fat. 8% bf at 88kg = 7.04kg. My goal is to lose approximately 5kg of fat. Thats 11lb of fat in 8 weeks which is about 1.375lbs a week. I understand your point tho, losing fat becomes harder as you push your bodyfat down lower. So yes, I may not achieve it. But to me thats the point of a goal. Some people function better when goals are easy to obtain. I prefer very challenging goals that push me to my limits. 15% to 8% in two months is NOT impossible. Just difficult.

EDIT - I am aware that obviously as you lose body fat your weight drops making it harder to get your bodyfat% down relatively. I meant to include that in the above comment.

Thanks for your input though =)
  • michael300891
    Options
    Im also looking to reduce my bodyfat from 15% (at 88kg) to 8% in the next two months

A "personal trainer" that want to reduce his body fat 7% in two months? Almost 50 percent of your current BF. You should know better than that. If a personal trainer said he could put me on a two month program to reduce my BF from 15% to 8%, I'd tell him he's nuts.

Also, as you seem to be hinting that im not a really personal trainer:

Follow this link: https://reps.netxtra.net/directory/default.asp?dir=1
    And put in membership number: R0078198

:)