Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Lunches to take to work?

13»

Replies

• kaisap
    kaisap Posts: 1
    I make an entire spaghetti squash and boil 3 chicken breasts on Sunday. Add a little bit of your favorite low-calorie hot sauce, spray butter and sea salt. Pre-portion your meals and you're set for the week.
  • magoch
    magoch Posts: 134
    if they have a microwave it's easy.

sometimes I bring brown rice with a little hot sauce and heat that up, then add avocado (cube it in the morning and put in a baggie with a little lemon or line) and a can of tuna. yummy and filling.

I also keep protein powder and a blender bottle at my desk just in case I don't have time for breakfast or lunch that day.

+1 to this --- I work at home now (consulting), but when I worked in an office (18+ years) here's what I'd keep in my drawer for instant heathy lunches (breakfasts & dinners):

- brown rice (the pre-cooked kind that comes in a bowl)
    - cans of salmon and tuna (I'd heat up the rice, then add in the salmon or tuna with some light soy sauce + chives)
    - dried chives
    - cans of sardines or kippers (watch how they are packed -- e.g. not in too much oil,or at least in olive oil, and make sure you throw out the can somewhere you won't offend people :)
    - wasa crackers (for eating with the sardines or kippers)
    - walnuts and dried fruit (in pre-measured bags I did at home) for snacks

I was also able to bring in a little dorm fridge (some offices let you, some don't), and that greatly increased what I could keep around.
  • I detest sandwiches that you make and then they sit in the fridge all day.

If at all possible, I make 4 servings of dinner and then pack 2 of the servings for lunches the next day. I grab one and the husband grabs one. I make sure to portion them out before we eat so there's no chance of seconds!

I also try to keep around things I can grab & go: a pouch of tuna with some crackers, prewashed salad fixings & grape tomatoes, low-sodium soups, Laughing Cow cheese wedges, apples, oranges, pre-portioned nuts, that kind of thing. Anything to keep me from visiting the cafeteria or snack machines here at work.
  • jenn5686
    jenn5686 Posts: 16 Member
    I usually bring some turkey, tuna, roast beef w/ low fat cheese and make lettuce wraps...sometimes I grab a small soup to go with it from the deli downstairs from my office...sometimes I also bring salads or leftovers from dinner

It's crazy to watch how much junk my coworkers eat (pizza, fries, candy, mcdonalds, pasta - like every day!! Doing that is what made me end up w/ 10 lbs to lose in the 1st place!!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    This may seem silly and I originally saved this website for when my son is old enough to start but they have 171 ideas for healthy "lunch box" meals and a lot of them seem really tasty! I hope it brings you some good ideas :)

http://easylunchboxes.smugmug.com/The-Best-Lunchbox-System/Yummy-Lunch-Ideas/10136835_YSuyb#!i=696914291&k=YxmUd

^ ^ ^ This is awesome! Thanks for sharing!
  • cccgrillo
    cccgrillo Posts: 42 Member
    My favorite lunch is turkey chili. It's so easy to make and quite versatile, plus you can just add whatever you have in the pantry. I top w a dollop of plain ff Greek yogurt.

Here is my rough weekly meal schedule:

Mon- grilled chicken salad
    Tues- turkey wrap, w spinach, peppers, red onion, horseradish for a kick!,
    Wed- tuna (made w 1 tsp lf mayo/Greek yogurt), add lots of fresh veg, I eat on celery or make a wrap out of romaine lettuce
    Thur- same as Tues
    Fri- chili day. (I make a big batch and freeze into 1 cup portions, take out night before and it is ready to reheat by lunch).

I also like to add some fresh peppers, carrots, celery w light laughing cow cheese. An apple/banana w 1 T natural peanut butter.
  • cccgrillo
    cccgrillo Posts: 42 Member
    I also like to boil up a dozen eggs on the weekend to keep on hand for quick breakfasts, (I eat 2) or snacks (1)