Dance central 2

Options
Does anyone have dance central for the kinect and if so is it good for weight loss?

Replies

• ktlynn447
    ktlynn447 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I looooove this game (on kinect)! I wear my HRM while playing... today I played for 52 minutes and burned 436 calories. You can make playlists so you can just dance non stop and not have to stop to change songs and what not.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    i play just dance 2 and burn 500-700 calories every time. Love it. and its fun!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I have Just Dance 3 and it's awesome! Great music and you really work up the sweat. My heart feels like it's pounding through my chest after a few songs. I'm sure Dance Central is similar.

Shannon
  • joeldalich
    Options
    i dont have it but how does it promote weight loss ?
  • Saviik
    Saviik Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have it as well. I wish I had a heart rate monitor to know how many calories I'm burning. It has a calorie tracker on it, but I think it's just an average.

I would say it is good for weight loss. I don't see how it couldn't be. You get up and moving! I usually end up sweating and my heart rate goes up like any other exercise. It's a great way to have fun and burn extra calories.
  • magikald
    magikald Posts: 6
    Options
    I have Dance Central 2 and have been incorporating it into my weight loss program and have noticed a big difference. I have lost 2" off of my waist in about 4 weeks of dancing 2-3 times a week for an hour at a time. My cardio fitness has improved (even more than with running, I feel) and my legs are really starting to trim down. When I wear my pedometer, I take anywhere from 500-1000 steps a song. So imagine how much you are moving playing for an hour or more. I can't wait to get dancing again (just got back from a 2 week vacation!)

I would definately say Dance Central 2 will really help anyone's weight loss goals. I mean dancing in "real life" burns the calories, why wouldn't it do the same playing the Kinect?
  • anksgirl
    Options
    I have both dance central 1 and 2 and they are great for working out I lost 20 lbs since i got my xbox 360 kinect I just got the second game. If you actually stick to it it is wonderful. I did great for like 2 weeks and lost weight Ive slacked since than I am still losing weight but not as much as I would if I was doing it everyday.
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOOVVVEEE this game. It's so much fun you can't even tell you're exercising.