Thinspiration Needed ASAP

Options
I get married 13 weeks tomorrow and I need your best tips for shifting the weight. What works best for you? What do you do to help stay on track?

I'm not looking to lose tons of weight, I need to be realistic but I really want to look good on my day.

I have been healthy eating and trying to increase my exercise but i'm still not seeing the results I want

HELP!!!

Replies

• Silvergamma
    Silvergamma Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    If you haven't seen this, I highly recommend checking out this blog:

http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

My best suggestions for you would be to eat a good clean diet, with as little processed food as possible. Maintain a healthy level of calories, don't cut too low (1.2 x BMR minimum). Weight train, either with free weights, or put together a body weight routine. Do interval training as opposed to slow steady cardio. Don't focus on your weight. Work on feeling as healthy and as strong as you can. No matter what size you are in 13 week, feeling good about yourself is what's going to make you the most beautiful bride :).
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    You will get the biggest bang for your buck (regarding exercise) by lifting weights. Cardio burns a lot of calories but using weights and resistance will really sculpt your body.
  • Narleta
    Narleta Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    First off, congratulations! I've got a similar goal in mind as I've got a friend getting married in 3 months. I think Silvergamma hit the nail on the head. Focus on your diet and weight training! I have had the most success previously with revamping my diet. Eat frequently, snack on veggies, some fruits, and go easy on the fats.
  • btdublin
    btdublin Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Best of Luck!!

My wedding is 12 weeks on Saturday! Coming up fast now, scary!

The guys below have it right: Strength Training. If you haven't done any before and that is too difficult (cost of gym/equipment/PT) then try P90X or Insanity. 90 day programmes - perfect for 13 weeks! Worth in investment!
  • sammycool1986
    sammycool1986 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I'm going to try doing more weights and eat as little processed crap as possible xx
  • jmmantel
    jmmantel Posts: 1
    Options
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    If you haven't seen this, I highly recommend checking out this blog:

http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

My best suggestions for you would be to eat a good clean diet, with as little processed food as possible. Maintain a healthy level of calories, don't cut too low (1.2 x BMR minimum). Weight train, either with free weights, or put together a body weight routine. Do interval training as opposed to slow steady cardio. Don't focus on your weight. Work on feeling as healthy and as strong as you can. No matter what size you are in 13 week, feeling good about yourself is what's going to make you the most beautiful bride :).

This! :smile: