Dr. Oz 48 hour weekend cleanse

Options

Replies

• tnvolsfan74
    tnvolsfan74 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    The weekend cleanses I've done typically involve a burrito.

:laugh: too funny
  • tiffastar
    tiffastar Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    why is it whenever I see Dr. Oz's name I expect to hear him say "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"?

I have mixed feelings about him - but one episode said "cheat on your diet" and then his cheat day insisted of what I eat most days of my diet. man behind the curtain trick indeed! :)
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Why does everyone hate Dr. Oz so much? I happen to like him. Of course I dont take his word as gospel or anything, but man there are a lot of really rude people on here about the man!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Just a cleanse, I dont want to do a week long one because i know your body needs carbs to exercise, so i looked for something short & my rest days. I also wanted a clease where you are allowed to actually eat food/veggies.

I just wanted something to kick start my "change of eating habits"

Want to kick start your eating habits? Plan out a menu for the next week or two. Go to the store and buy groceries, and start eating well.

If you follow some stupid *kitten* Dr. Oz cleanse, it's just going to delay the process of starting good habits by a few more days.

Great advice ^ Pretty much sums up what I was about to post. Your body is equipped with a great cleansing system. Just give it good whole foods plus plenty of water and the rest will take care of itself.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I should do this! In 48 hours I could really clean my house!

Spring cleaning, yo!
  • Losinitforgood
    Losinitforgood Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Alot of you guys are being so mean! She just asked a question, answer you don't have to be snarky and mean. But anyway I agree to just eat healthy with fruit, vegetables, and protein. Detoxes generally aren't that great and as soon as you start eating normally again you will generally gain back any weight you may have lost on the detox.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    The weekend cleanses I've done typically involve a burrito.

guross!!! lmao
  • mjbrenner
    mjbrenner Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz, or his writers, were fairly clever on this one. This so-called cleanse pays lip service to the reasons people think they need a cleanse while delivering the benefits they are likely actually looking for. I am impressed.

If you are eating a common "modern" diet high in processed foods and low in whole foods, then this will probably leave you feeling better after a weekend. It will make your bowel movements easier and probably make you feel generally healthier than before hand. This "weekend cleanse" is simply a vegetarian diet that is high in nutrient-dense foods and low in potential gut irritants, giving you a great shot of the micro-nutrients we need.

We do not need a "cleanse" to flush toxins from our bodies. This weekend cleanse cannot do this, because no cleanse can. That said, if you want to get a real shot of healthy foods to leave you feeling "flushed out" and ready to begin a healthier lifestyle, then this is not a bad choice - it has lots of good foods and certainly will not harm your body. It is no substitute for eating healthy, but it is a great introduction to it.

In this instance, Dr. Oz has used a fad concept to promote a healthy lifestyle. Not bad.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Alot of you guys are being so mean! She just asked a question, answer you don't have to be snarky and mean. But anyway I agree to just eat healthy with fruit, vegetables, and protein. Detoxes generally aren't that great and as soon as you start eating normally again you will generally gain back any weight you may have lost on the detox.
    I don't see a single "mean" comment. What did you expect to see? People telling her to go for it when its completely unnecessary?
    OP the other responders are right. You don't need to kick-start healthy eating. Just start.
    You don't want to spend your whole weekend tied to the bathroom for nothing. Your body cleanses itself.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Why does everyone hate Dr. Oz so much? I happen to like him. Of course I dont take his word as gospel or anything, but man there are a lot of really rude people on here about the man!
    Because 99% of what the man says is pure horse ****.
  • Losinitforgood
    Losinitforgood Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I don't see a single "mean" comment. What did you expect to see? People telling her to go for it when its completely unnecessary?
    OP the other responders are right. You don't need to kick-start healthy eating. Just start.
    You don't want to spend your whole weekend tied to the bathroom for nothing. Your body cleanses itself.

Sorry not necessarily mean, just snarky. And as you will see I don't agree with doing a detox and did say to just eat healthy.
  • killagb
    Options

Sorry not necessarily mean, just snarky. And as you will see I don't agree with doing a detox and did say to just eat healthy.
    I have to be snarky. I'm sorry. :flowerforyou:
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    "Dr. Oz" - I stopped reading from that point.

I now want to do a 48 hour retoxification process with a bottle of Jack and carne asada fries.
  • killagb
    Options
    "Dr. Oz" - I stopped reading from that point.

I now want to do a 48 hour retoxification process with a bottle of Jack and carne asada fries.
    *loads up the bong* :smokin:
  • BondBomb
    Options

Well there are snarky personalities out there. Just like there are super sweet nice ones. And outright mean and nasty ones. The world and the internet are full of diversity. Since we have no idea what the OP's personality is like, why dont we let her decide what she finds helpful.
  • BondBomb
    Options

I have to be snarky. I'm sorry. :flowerforyou:
    But some of us love that. I think its hilarous. I respond to snark. Some dont. Probably why we are friends :)
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Two things wrong with this, the fact that "cleanse" and "Dr. Oz" are in the title. I rest my case. You're welcome. :drinker:

LOL!! I concur
  • Camshaft84
    Camshaft84 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You guys are all HILARIOUS!! You made me laugh so hard I pooped!! :blushing:

You have started a Dr. Oz Cleanse ;)
  • KLK1986
    KLK1986 Posts: 89
    Options
    Two things wrong with this, the fact that "cleanse" and "Dr. Oz" are in the title. I rest my case. You're welcome. :drinker:

This.

Dr. Oz is a quack.
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    why is it whenever I see Dr. Oz's name I expect to hear him say "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"?

hahaha fantastic... well said...