Kinda nice being single lol

Options
As horrible as this sounds, ive actually enjoyed being single for the last two months, been able to get more work done, been able to exercise more, and just been an all around happier person lately. Is this such a bad thing?

Replies

• lilfurson
    lilfurson Posts: 190
    Options
    I totally agree with you! Really enjoying my time.

Of course wouldn't mind some cuddle time every now and then
  • Brian001
    Brian001 Posts: 89
    Options
    I totally agree with you! Really enjoying my time.

Of course wouldn't mind some cuddle time every now and then

Tis true, i just thought it would have been much worse than this, apparently was mistaken
  • Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    Options
    I'm married....now what do I do?
  • Brian001
    Options
    As horrible as this sounds, ive actually enjoyed being single for the last two months, been able to get more work done, been able to exercise more, and just been an all around happier person lately. Is this such a bad thing?

Totally realized that i said two, lol, really meant few months
  • lilfurson
    Options
    @Wileyjoe - I was there and not happy. I made the decision to find happiness.

I also find it amazing how emotionally draining the dating scene can be....especially online dating.
  • Brian001
    Options
    I'm married....now what do I do?

Um love your spouse? maybe? hahaha
  • kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Eh. I have a long distance relationship with my boyfriend, so maybe it's different that way, but I also really like the idea of having someone there you can talk to who won't judge you without having to pay them to be your therapist rsrsrs. My boyfriend is totally my motivation. If I didn't have him, I wouldn't be where I am now.
  • frazzle29
    frazzle29 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not single but since my SO is working out of state til August I kinda feel like I am. Definitely enjoy the extra time though to work out and get more done. I can't wait til he gets back but this helps pass the time and the extra motivation to look awesome when he gets back =)
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I've been really enjoying being single too. I've been able to push myself further on my own and change my habits to what's best for me not for someone else. It's been great
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I agree. I went through a little phase where I felt sorry for myself.. now I feel like I'm on top of the world being single!

I do miss the intimacy with someone but in time that will come. For now, it's all about ME. I do as I please, I come home at 5am if I want. I spend the night at friends house whenever I want. I go running and then go shopping after. I buy groceries just for me, to my liking. I jam out when I'm cooking to whatever music I want. I go on dates and talk on the phone at 4 a.m if I want with someone who's had 5 beers.. (:wink: , :wink: )

It's pretty awesome!!!
  • La_Amazona
    Options

Same here.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I've been single for the past two years (until very recently) and I love having the apartment and time to myself. I actually get a bit annoyed when my current beau invites himself over sometimes. I've got used to the space.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I was thinking this morning that I might just stay this way. It's really pleasant. 14 years of marriage, and I'm free now and I can't see ever going back to that kind of life at all. I really love coming home and not having to talk to anyone. Ha! I know not everyone is like that, but people drain my energy, and I need to recharge. I can do whatever I want. And, when it comes to spending money, I don't have to ask anyone. Even big ticket items. I play guitar, and it's been fun buying guitars when I feel like it and I have the cash available. In the old days, it was like, "Honey, I'd really love to buy that guitar", and she'd be like, "Yeah, but we really need to replace the refrigerator".

F--- that! Ha! Now, I just do what I want. I have more time for me, for exercising, for eating right, for being friends with people I want to be friends with, etc. It's really great all the way around.

I'm sure I'll meet someone that will just take my breath away and that will be that. But, until then, I'm just really loving being single.

There was a time, a few years ago, when I thought I was going to die. Now, I've come out of it, and it's just like this whole new world. Amazing.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

I also find it amazing how emotionally draining the dating scene can be....especially online dating.

Agreed.
    And agreed to OP's post. I really love having my time to myself, and the snuggling leads to trouble and headaches ;)
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    lilfurson .. where is Wappinger Falls, NY?
  • lilfurson
    Options
    It's about 90 minutes north of NYC...in-between Poughkeepsie & Fishkill.

No stalking! :P
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    It's about 90 minutes north of NYC...in-between Poughkeepsie & Fishkill.

No stalking! :P

Uh oh!! :drinker:
  • RockstarJB
    RockstarJB Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I agree, it's not a bad thing at all....lonely at times on the days I don't have my son and what not, but working, working out, etc keeps me busy and keeps me happy :)
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options

NO kidding...online dating sucks donkey. Just sayin'. :drinker:
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options

NO kidding...online dating sucks donkey. Just sayin'. :drinker:

doesn't it just!!!!