Salad Dressings?

Options
13»

Replies

• BuddhaBelly79
    Options
    Oh wow - I typically HATE most Blue Cheese dressing, but Bolthouse Blue Cheese Vinagrette is O.M.G. AMAZING GOOD! It's not light, or fat free or anything, but it's naturally low cal and low fat....but has ALL the flavor! My hubby bought it for HIM, and I ate it all lol. It's SO good - a HUGE vinagrette flavor, with just enough enough blue cheese chunks to give your salad an amazing cheesy creamy flavor....**drool** SO good.. :love: :love: :love:
  • neesey918
    neesey918 Posts: 11
    Options
    Kraft Light Raspberry Vinagrette with Extra Virgin Olive Oil tastes pretty good and is 50 Cal per serving
  • rain721
    rain721 Posts: 6
    Options
    Yes, I've found the Walden Farms Sugar Free Creamy Bacon dressing and the calorie free Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing to be very good. I've only found that brand at Walmart.
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Options
    I love the Ken's Steak House Dressings...light options. My favs are Raspberry Pecan, Raspberry Walnut, Honey Mustard and Honey French. They have many choices that are low-cal.....sure there will be one that you would like.

Ken's Raspberry Pecan is Yummy !!!
  • truecountrygirl
    truecountrygirl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    i have just made a really good dressing and it is only 40 calories and tbsp. you take
    1/2 cup maple syrup
    6 Tbsp cider vinegar
    2 Tbsp dijon mustard
    2 Tbsp vegetable oil
    1/2 tsp pepper

I have been eating it over a spring mix and i usually hate fresh spinach but with this dressing i dont even know it is there. i have been eating it on my salads for lunch and dinner for the past 2 weeks and still im not tired of it
  • EmilyDuby
    EmilyDuby Posts: 67
    Options
    I love the Wishbone spritzers because no matter what I try it seems like I can't get the two tablespoon serving of regular dressings to cover the salad well, even when I put a lid on and shake it up. The spritzers are GREAT at making sure every bit has dressing without needing to dump on a bunch of dressing.
  • nicholelm
    Options
    I use lemon juice and some salt and pepper. Sometimes will add olive oil to tame the tanginess, but not usually!
  • FinallyFindingLisa
    FinallyFindingLisa Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Try Bolthouse Farms yogurt dressings. I use the ranch, thousand island and bleu cheese dressings. They have 45 calories for 2 tbsp and taste DELISH! They are usually found in the produce department in the dressing cooler. I also use the Safeway sesame ginger spritzer...YUM!

This ^ and Ken's Northern Italian w/ basil and Romano

These are AWESOME - and the Bolthouse, for you diabetics/pre-diabetics is VERY low in sugar and the sodium isn't out the window either!
  • LindsayLL30
    LindsayLL30 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    If I'm going super low, I'll just use vinegar sparingly and no oil (i.e. cider vinegar or sherry and balsamic are good if you don't want too much savory). The secret to going with just the vinegar and still making it taste good it what else you put in the salad i.e: nuts, fruit (grapes, papaya, melon), roasted vegetables

Or I really really really like homemade lemon & poppy seed dressing:
    1 cup yoghurt (soy or dairy)
    2 tbsps lemon juice
    2tbsps honey
    1 tsp poppy seeds

Takes 5 mins, lasts up to 5 days and makes roughly 18 tablespoons at 16 cals tablespoon (when made with soya yoghurt).

That sounds soon good! Going to give it a try!
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    *bumping for ideas* : ))
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    instead of dressings, try "Summack". Its an arabic spice and its really REALLY good. Like it'll make any salad a treat to eat!
  • doris_day
    doris_day Posts: 159
    Options
    I cannot eat a salad without salad dress - so kudos to those who can. I like several from Trader Joes - my fav is a little strong, the Balsamic. I've also been eating their salads lately for lunch. I think it's a little more healthy than the frozen meals. I don't use all the dressing so save calories.
    I like to put all the ingredients for my salad in a tupperware bowl, add the 2 TBLS of dressing and shake it until the dressing is through the ingredients.
    My husband recently read some article about how "bad" salad dressing is for you - something about human hair (yuck), so he started making his own Ranch Dressing with ingredients from Penzey Spices.
  • iambatman41
    Options
    Maple Grove Farms of Vermont - Fat Free Vidalia Onion Dressing, 2 Tbsp , 20 calories
    Maple Grove Farms of Vermont - Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing, 2 Tbsp , 5 calories
    Maple Grove Farms of Vermont - Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing, 2 Tbsp , 5 calories
  • mikethom
    mikethom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Try Bolthouse Farms yogurt dressings. I use the ranch, thousand island and bleu cheese dressings. They have 45 calories for 2 tbsp and taste DELISH! They are usually found in the produce department in the dressing cooler. I also use the Safeway sesame ginger spritzer...YUM!

I love the Bolthouse dressings too; check out the Litehouse "Toasted Sesame Ginger" and "Organic Raspberry Lime Vinaigrette" dressings - lots of flavor and only 20 calories per tablespoon!
  • nickyrobinson
    nickyrobinson Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    A Lighter Caeser

http://notwithoutsalt.com/2012/02/01/dinner-in-15-a-lighter-caesar/

1/2 cup greek yogurt
    2 teaspoons dijon
    1 garlic clove, finely minced
    1 teaspoon anchovy paste
    1 Tbl fresh lemon juice
    1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
    1/4 teaspoon fresh pepper
    2 Tbl finely grated parmesan

In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients.
    Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
    Keeps in a tightly sealed container in the fridge for one week.
  • brandiluharvey
    Options
    I love the Bolthouse Farms dressings in the produce area. My fav is the Raspberry Merlot only 35 calories. Love it!!!!
  • kaytiecakes
    kaytiecakes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i've been using kraft fat free italian at 15 calories per 2 tablespoon. but i am definitely buying something else when this bottle is empty because i am so sick of italian dressing.